Daddy Daycare

Later That Day
Troian's Pov

I hear Theo crying through the baby monitor, just as Aspen calls for me from the playroom.

"Can you wait a few minutes Asp?" I call back "Just so I can go get Theo from his room?"

"No I need you now!" She replies. Theo's cries get even louder, causing me to stop walking and look back and forth between upstairs and down the hallway.

"Hey, I've got him!" Keegan says, walking out of the bathroom and upstairs. I mutter a thanks before walking to Aspen and Lukas in the playroom.

"What is it Aspen?" I ask, looking at them playing on the floor.

"Lukas took my Barbie car." She groans. I can't help but sigh, not believing this is what she desperately needed me for.

"Did you try asking nicely for it back?" I question, receiving a nod.

"And I tried taking it from him but he won't let go." She adds.

"We're you even playing with it to begin with?" I ask "Or do you just not want him using it because it's yours?"

"I was playing with it Mommy and he took it!" She replies.

"Alright." I sigh "Lukas, I'm afraid you'll have to give Aspen her toy back, it's not very nice to take it while she was playing with it."

"I want it." He says, continuing to play with the toy car.

"Well maybe ask Aspen if you can use it when she's finished." I offer.

"No." Lukas says simply. I sigh and bend down to his height, studying him for a few moments.

"Lukas, I'm gonna ask you again." I say "Please give the toy back to Aspen and say sorry for taking it from her."

"No Troian." He replies, turning away from me and continuing to play with the car.

"Okay, this is the last time I'm going to ask before you'll go in timeout." I say impatiently "One, two—" Lukas whines loudly before dropping the car and crossing his arms angrily.

"Thanks buddy." I say "Let's go find you another toy until Aspen's done with the car and you can use it." Despite the annoyed look on his face, Lukas follows me to the other side of the room where the toy bins are.

"Here, what about this little truck?" I ask him, holding a small green monster truck in his direction.

He just shakes his head "I want the car."

"I know you do Lukey." I sigh "But you can't just take it from Aspen because you want it. You can ask her if you can use it when she's finished though. Do you wanna go do that?" He nods, and we walk back over to Aspen.

"I play with car after Aspen?" Lukas asks.

"Okay." She agrees easily.

"See, that wasn't so hard." I smile "Now we can go find you another toy to play with until then." Lukas settles on playing with the Paw Patrol action figures, so I leave the playroom while everything is calm and settled. Walking into the living room, I see Keegan feeding Theo his bottle on the couch. I smile and sit down beside them, much to Theo's happiness. He grins widely, spitting the bottle out of his mouth.