Who Wasn't at That Party?

*Troian's Pov*

"Y-you were at that party?" I ask Keegan shakily.

"The New Years one?" He asks. I nod, a lump starting to form in my throat.

"Yeah, I was there." Keegan replies. My throat goes dry, and I get the sudden urge to leave Keegan's dressing room as soon as possible.

"I-I just remembered," I stutter "I have to...Aspen she...I have to go." I stand up quickly and exit the dressing room, hurrying toward my own. When I get there, I immediately pick up my cellphone and call Ashley.

"Ashley!" I exclaim when she answers "Y-you need to come to my dressing room, I have to tell you something. It's about Keegan...h-he...can you just come here?" I swallow the quick-growing lump in my throat.

"Yeah of course, I'll be there in a few minutes." She replies calmly "Aspen's with me, remember? But I'll drop her off at Shay's dressing room before I come to yours."

"Ok. Thanks." I say, having forgot that I left my daughter with Ashley. As I wait for Ashley to arrive, I spend the time nervously tapping my foot and biting my lip, occasionally running my fingers through my long hair.

"Ashley!" I gasp as she walks through the door "You're here!" Ashley sits down beside me, placing her hand on my knee to stop the shaking.

"What's wrong? Did you talk to Keegan?" She asks. I nod, tears welling in my eyes.

"Yeah, I talked to him." I choke out, biting my lip "He was showing me an old picture, a-and I accidentally saw another photo in his camera roll. It was of the house."

Ashley looks slightly confused "What house?"

"The house." I reply, enunciating the word 'the'.

"Which house is the house?" Ashley asks "Is that like a code for something that I don't know?"

"No Ash," I say "It's the house. The house."

"I'm sorry," Ashley sighs "But I have no clue which house the house is. Although you are making it sound really important, so I'm sure that once-"

"The house, Ashley!" I interrupt her "The house! The one where Aspen was conceived!"

"Oh!" She exclaims "That house. Okay, I get it now. What were you saying about it again?"

I sigh "I was saying that Keegan had a picture of the house. I asked him about it, a-and he said that he was at the party. Please tell me you know which party I'm talking about."

"Of course I know which party you're talking about." Ashley scoffs "And Keegan was there?!"

"Yeah, he said it's his friends house." I tell her. Ashley stays quiet, seeming to analyze the topic.

"So..." She says quietly "That means Keegan could be Aspen's dad." I nod slowly, staring down at my lap.

"Ashley what am I gonna do?" I groan, breaking the slowly growing silence.

"Well, I don't know what else you can do except talk to him about it." She says "I know it'll be awkward, but it has to be done. What if he really is her dad?"

"Yeah, I guess." I sigh "But I just don't feel like I'm ready. Me and Aspen are so happy, and I don't want to mess things up by trying to bring her dad into the picture, whoever he is."

"I totally understand where you're coming from Troian, and I know I would be the same way. But who knows, maybe things will turn out even better than they already are." Ashley says happily.