Cheater, Cheater

Two Weeks Later
Troian's Pov

I sink down into a ball on the bathroom floor, bursting into tears. I shake uncontrollably as I sit there, my lip quivering. We've never gotten into a fight, Keegan and I.

Not until today, anyway.

It all happened so quickly, the angered yelling and screaming. He was mad, and in turn, so was I. I guess we just fed off of each other's frustration. The argument was stupid, really, but upsetting nonetheless. Keegan stormed out of my house in anger, and I ran to the bathroom to cry. Luckily, Aspen is at Shay's house for a sleepover, so she didn't hear the fight.

I rest my head on my knees and sob even harder, not caring that my makeup is no doubt being ruined. It's probably the least of my worries. We have a DNA test scheduled two days from now for Keegan and Aspen, but I don't know if it'll happen anymore, at least not that soon.

I hear scratching and whining outside the bathroom door, and know that it's Ella. I reach up and open the door, and she immediately runs over to me and snuggles up against my legs. Despite how I'm feeling, I still manage to crack a small smile.

After a few more minutes of cuddling with Ella on the bathroom floor, I realize that I have to get ready to pick Aspen up. Reluctantly, I stand up and leave the room, making my way upstairs to fix myself up.

After doing so, I get in my car and head to Shay's house, which isn't too far from mine. I keep the radio off as I drive, leaving my mind to fill with my thoughts instead. It may not be very cheerful to do so, but it is more practical. I can't distract myself from thinking about the fight forever.

I knock on Shay's door and take a step back, immediately hearing footsteps.

"Hey!" She exclaims as she flings the door open "Come in." Just as I step inside, I see Aspen running toward me.

"Mommy!" She giggles, jumping into my open arms.

"Hi Aspen," I reply, immediately cheering up a little "How was your sleepover with Shay?"

"It was fun! We made cookies, and we watched movies, and Angel even slept with me!" She tells me, talking about Shay's dog.

"Well I'm glad you had fun honey." I say, setting her down "Why don't you go and get your stuff?" She nods and runs upstairs, her long hair blowing behind her.

"Troian." Shay says, turning to face me "What's wrong?"

"W-what?" I stammer, taken aback.

"Come on, I can see that something's bothering you." She continues "What's up?" I look down at my shoes, wondering something as I do. Am I really that easy to read? I decide that it doesn't matter, and that it would probably do me good to talk about my problem.

"Keegan and I got into a fight." I say blankly, avoiding Shay's eye contact.

"Troian..." She starts "I'm so sorry. Is everything alright?"

"I don't know." I reply "Actually, no. Everything's not alright. We were just so mad at each other, a-and we just kept yelling. I want to apologize to him, but not yet. I'm still too mad at him."

"Well no one's saying you have to just yet." She reassures me "It's okay if you need time." I nod, suddenly feeling a little overwhelmed. Before I have a chance to stop myself, I burst into tears. Shay quickly rushes forward and engulfs me in a comforting embrace, gently rubbing my back.