3 Things You'd Never Expect

Troian's Pov

I quickly walk out of the cafe, muttering some stupid excuse to Mira on why I suddenly have to go. Aspen's hand is clutched tight in my own, and hot tears threaten to spill from my eyes. Did I somehow hear her wrong? How could some barista from a cafe be pregnant with Keegan's baby, my Keegan?

Doesn't he love me?

I was angry at Keegan before because of our fight, but not anymore. Now, words can't even come close to describing what kind of anger I feel toward him. He said he loved me, he said that I was the one for him. But what he said were lies. Stupid, ugly, lies. This whole time that Keegan and I were together, he was seeing another girl. Now, she's pregnant.

I know exactly what I'm going to do right now. After dropping Aspen back off at Shay's, I'm going straight to Keegan's. I'm going to confront him about everything, because I know the truth. I know he's a filthy cheater.

"Hey!" Someone calls from behind me. I just ignore it, really not in the mood if it's a fan encounter.

"Hey!" They call again "Troian!" I stop walking, slowly turning around to see who it is that's calling my name. To my surprise, the person is not at all familiar.

"Hey, I'm sorry, but I'm really not in the mood right now." I say, assuming the man is a fan of Pretty Little Liars or something.

"Wait!" He calls as I go to turn around "I was at the party five years ago." I stop walking, wondering if I heard him right. Did he say he was at the party, the party?

"W-what?" I ask, turning to look the man in the eyes. He walks over to me, glancing at Aspen as he does.

"That party years ago, I was there." He says "A-and, we were together all night. We hooked up, Troian." My heart skips a beat, and suddenly, I feel lightheaded. If this random man is telling the truth, that we slept together, then that means one thing. That means that he's Aspen's dad.

"I'm sorry," I start shakily "But why should I believe you?" I don't know if he's telling the truth or not, but I want him to be lying. This guy is a stranger, someone I have zero memory of meeting. But someone who could be the father of my child.

"I know it sounds crazy, I only finally started putting the pieces together not that long ago." He says "But please, just hear me out." I stare at him with a blank expression on my face. There's too much going on in my mind. First, I found out that my boyfriend's cheating on me, then just minutes later, a random guy approaches me and claims to be my child's father. A lot of crazy things have been happening today, what's the harm in listening to what this man has to say?

"Okay." I say quietly "I'll hear you out. But I just need to drop her off somewhere first." I motion to Aspen, who still clutches my hand tightly. The man, who I still haven't learned the name of, gets into his car and follows me as I drive to Shay's house. I called and asked her if I could drop Aspen off, despite the fact that I literally just picked her up from there. But luckily, she agreed with no further questions.

The man waits outside the gate at Shay's as I bring Aspen to the front door. When Shay answers, I briefly explain what's going on, hoping it doesn't sound too crazy. Even though I'm sure she has about a million questions, Shay wishes me good luck and to let her know what happens. I nod in agreement, before kissing Aspen goodbye with the promise that I'll be back soon.

After pulling into my own driveway, I sit in my car for a few moments to think, the man in his Jeep behind me. As I sit in almost complete silence, the realization hits me that I may have just met the man I've been searching for since I found out I was pregnant five years ago. I never knew who he was, what he looked like, or anything in between that. But now, he may be parked in my driveway.