Pool Day Disaster

*TWO DAYS LATER*

Troian's Pov

"Watch me mommy!" Aspen yells as she jumps into the pool. Even though it was mid-September, the weather still felt like summer. So Aspen and I decided to have a pool day. Our in-ground pool was outside, so we can't use it year-round. But in the summer, it was the perfect spot to be. The pool is huge, equipped with a diving board and slide, and the area surrounding it has tall palm trees and lounge chairs. It definitely added on to the reason why I bought this house and property.

Aspen swims around in the pool, water wings on her arms. There are floaties and pool toys floating around everywhere, and every so often, Aspen climbs up onto one of them. She could spend all day in the water if I let her.

"Come in the pool!" Aspen calls to me. I sigh and sit up on my lounge chair, enjoying the sun.

"In a little bit." I say, looking at Aspen as she sits on a flamingo floatie.

"But you said that a long time ago!" She whines. I sigh as I realize she's right. I stand up and adjust my bikini, then after staring at the water for a few moments, I jump in.

I'm completely surrounded by coldness, the exact opposite from when I was laying in the sun a few seconds ago. I come to the surface of the pool and take a deep breathe, starting to get used to the temperature of the water. It really wasn't that cold.

Aspen swims over to me, and I hold her as I tread water. She takes swimming lessons once a week, and will now swim without water wings in our pool sometimes. She'll take them off just to practice for a little while, then put them on again when she just wants to have fun.

"I wanna go on the slide!" Aspen says, squirming to get out of my arms. I let her go, and she swims over to the ladder and climbs out of the pool. Aspen climbs the ladder to the slide, then goes down it, making a small splash as she lands in the water at the bottom.

She comes to the surface, taking a breath of air.

"When is everyone else gonna be here?" Aspen says impatiently, climbing onto a pink floatie.

"Soon." I tell her. I invited Lucy, Ashley, Shay, and Sasha over for a mini pool party, along with Ian, Keegan, and Tyler. I also asked Tammin if she and her daughter Phoenix wanted to come, but Tammin said there's a chance they could be busy, but if not, they'd come.

"Look at me!" Aspen says "We learned this in swimming lessons!" She goes onto her back and sucks in a big breath, then just floats there with her arms and legs spread out.

"Wow Aspen, that's pretty cool!" I tell her. She lets out her breath and swims over to me.

"And I'm also learning how to do it on my tummy!" She says happily to me.

I swim around with Aspen for a little while longer, before we get out to prepare for our guests. Aspen of course doesn't want to get out of the pool, but she obviously can't stay in without supervision. So, with a little persuasion and the promise of a lot of watermelon, Aspen gets out of the pool with me.

We prepare little snacks for when everyone arrives, cutting up fruit, filling bowls with chips, and making pitchers full of juice. Aspen happily snacks on some watermelon, as I promised her she could do.

I look at the clock as I finish preparing the snacks. It's 12:53, and I told people to come anytime after 1:00. All we have to do is wait.

"Aspen, we can go back outside now if you want." I say. She nods excitedly, and we go out the back door and over to the pool.

I set the down food on a table in the shade, then go over to the pool where Aspen waits on the edge.

"You can go in now if you want, Asp." I tell her.