Home is Where the Heart is

A/N: I accidentally uploaded this chapter before it was done a couple of days ago, so some of you have probably read the first bit of it. But it's finished now so there's more added on, just skip ahead if you've already read the first pages.

Three Days Later
Troian's Pov

After giving Ella a scoop of her kibble, I walk into the dining room and sit down in my spot at the table. Aspen reaches forward and grabs a waffle off the plate in the center, plopping it down on her own plate. Keegan rips a waffle up into small pieces and puts them on the tray of Theo's highchair, who immediately shoves one into his mouth.

"Can you pass me the whipped cream?" Aspen asks Keegan.

"What do you say?" He answers with a grin.

"Please!" She shouts quickly.

"There ya go." Keegan sets the bottle down in front of her. She immediately picks it up and turns it upside down over her waffle, pressing the nozzle and dispensing the creamy white foam. I watch as it piles up on her plate, and she shows no signs of stopping anytime soon.

"Save some for the rest of us Asp," I chuckle. As she sets the whipped cream back on the table, she gives me a pouty look.

"Hey, you're supposed to top your waffle with whipped cream, not the other way around." I say, poking Aspen's side. She shrieks with laughter, sliding to the farthest side of her chair.

"But I like whipped cream Mommy." She replies.

"Oh trust me, I know." I chuckle, putting some on my own waffle. Momentarily, there's a knock on the door, making me question if we invited someone over. Realizing that we didn't, I still stand up and walk into the foyer anyway, opening the door. Standing on the other side are two people that surprise me; Mira and Lukas.

"Mira?" I question "You're not in Minnesota? I mean it's good that you're not because..." I look at the little boy holding her hand "Lukas. We all thought you ran away to Minnesota with him, Keegan was doing everything he could to get him back. But...you're still in LA?"

"Yeah," She sighs "Sorry I wasn't answering all your calls, I really didn't want to talk about it. I didn't think Keegan would get the child custody branch involved. But we never left, not yet anyway." Just as she finishes talking, Keegan walks in.

"Lukas!" He gasps, his eyes widening.

"Dada!" The little boy exclaims, dropping his mother's hand and running over to his father's open arms. I smile as Keegan scoops up his son, the one he thought was taken to live in another state.

"I missed you buddy." He sighs, hugging him tightly.

"Missed you Dada." Lukas replies, his arms wrapped tightly around Keegan. I can't help but smile at the sweet sight, knowing how much Keegan relished this moment. After a few more seconds of the embrace, he holds Lukas normally on his hip and turns to face Mira.

"What were you thinking?" He asks "You can't just take my son away to another state and not give me a say in it. And you could've at least answered my phone calls so I knew where Lukas was and if he was okay. We're going to court as soon as possible so I can get some custody over him, I can't keep living with the fact that you can up and move wherever you want and I can't do anything about it."

"Okay, I know." Mira says quickly "I know, that's why I'm here. I was going to leave with Lukas, but I knew that wasn't right or fair on you, you've always been there for him. But I still need to go see my family, so I booked a flight. It'll only be for a couple weeks."