Dad of Her Dreams

Three Days Later
Troian's Pov

Today is the day we're going to tell Aspen that Max is her dad. I don't know if I'm necessarily looking forward to it, but it'll be nice to finally have all this settled. There's been too many questions with too little answers for long enough now.

I walk toward Keegan's dressing room to pick up Aspen, as he was watching her while I filmed a scene. I'm wrapped for the day and it's only 3:30, which is a nice change to leaving set so late that I'm practically falling asleep. I knock twice on the door, before opening it and walking into the small room.

"Mommy!" Aspen exclaims, getting up from the couch and running toward me. I scoop her up and hug her tightly, glancing at Keegan as I do. He just gives me a small smile.

"How was your time with Keegan?" I ask my daughter.

"It was fun, but I lost Rosie." She says sadly, talking about her teddy bear.

"You lost Rosie?" I question "Are you sure you brought her to set today?"

"Yeah, I brought her." She says "But now I don't know where she is."

"Well have you been looking for her?" I ask "I'm sure Keegan would've helped you."

She shakes her head "I didn't tell Keegan I lost Rosie."

"Why not?" I ask confusedly.

"Because," Aspen says "I got Rosie from Max, and Keegan doesn't like Max. I didn't want to make him sad."

"How do you know that?" I gasp "I-I mean, why would you think that? Why wouldn't Keegan like Max?"

"Because I heard him say so." Aspen shrugs shyly "I didn't want to talk about Rosie because I thought Keegan might get mad since I got her from Max."

"Oh Aspen," I say, exchanging a glance with Keegan "That was kind of you to think like that, but I can promise you Keegan would never get mad if you talked about Max. If you lost something, I'm sure Keegan would be more than happy to help you find it."

"But he doesn't like Max mommy," She pleads "He will get sad when I talk about him."

"Aspen," Keegan says before I have a chance to reply "Come here." I set her down, and she slowly walks toward Keegan with a nervous expression. He pulls her onto his lap, looking down at her sadly.

"I'm sorry that I made you feel like you can't talk to me about certain things." He apologizes "I never meant to do that. I want you to know that you can tell me anything. And it was wrong for me to say I don't like Max, because I've never even met him. I'm sure he's a wonderful person." Aspen looks up at him shyly, her lips in a small pout.

"I didn't tell you about Max because I thought it would make you sad, but I made you sad anyway!" Aspen whimpers, bursting into tears. She does nothing to stop them from pouring down her face, and cries loud enough that I'm sure it can be heard from outside the dressing room.

"No Aspen you didn't make me sad!" Keegan tries to comfort her "Don't be upset, I'm happy, see?" She still cries uncontrollably, refusing to look at Keegan. He pulls her into a hug, giving me a look that seems to say What do I do?

"Asp," Keegan says "I promise that you didn't make me sad, and I'm sorry that I made you sad. But I want to help you look for your teddy bear." Now Aspen looks up at him, pouting so much that I can't help but chuckle. Keegan sees her pouty lip and smiles too.

"Hey Princess," He laughs "Your lip is sticking out so far that a bird's gonna come land on it." She just looks confused, although brings her lip in a little anyway.