Layla- Bitter Elation

Hey guyyss, his is the last chapter of Falling Through The Surface, and I must say. I'm so sad, this is the only book I'm truly proud of. This is my first book that has a solid steady plot. I think the plot i good, of course I'm sure there are many people who think its mediocre, but this is the longest book I've ever wrote, and I'm proud of. Huge twist in this chapter, so be ready!! Oh, and this last chapter is leading to the third and final book of the Surface trilogy. I've been workingon this series for almost 3 years, and when I first started writing Below the Surface, I had never imagined it would grow to this. Thank you all for the support, and enjoy!! The final book ill be published tonight or tommorow. The title is 'Touching The Surface'. K, here it is!! *sniff sniff* I love Layla so much. P.s. all these characters will be in the next book, but it will be centered around another person in the family!!

We woke to sirens, Tony had stayed the night secretly at my house. In reality, as dangerous and B.A. as it felt, he just climbed in the window ad almost fell back down about three times. I was worried the first time, but by the third I was snickering loudly.

He snuggled his face into my neck as I craned my head to look at the clock. I just got my sight to the ceiling when he nudged it back down into the pillow.

"It's too early." He groaned, and I sighed.

"How would you know? You won't even let me look at the clock to see what time it actually is, and besides theres no way I'm going back to sleep with a bunch of sirens going through the neighborhood."

He made a mumbling noise before talking legibly," Woman, if I'm tired that means it's too early, and just close your eyes. The police will pass on soon. They're probably just using the neighborhood as a short cut. You know, 9 o' clock rush hour."

I yelped and jerked away from him. He tried to recapture me in his arms, but I scrambled over him. He grabbed my leg just as I jumped off the edge, causing me to tumble onto the hardwood floor.

He looked down at my crumpled, awkwardly ruffled form and burst into soft laughter. I glared at him and stood, brushing myself off, though the floor was not dusty.

"Aw babe, don't me mad." He got out inbetween fits of laughter. I turned back to face him and gave a little growl. His eyes widend at my sudden change of mood and he gave a large lustful smile and I swaggered my way over, my hips rocking with the rythym of my slow walk.

"Oh, tiger." I purred, kneeling beside the bed. I kissed the juncture of his neck, and then sunk my teeth harshly into the spot.

He screeched and jerked away, slapping his hand onto the spot.

I laughed at his wide eyes and stood again," Let this be a lesson." I teased before walking to the closet.

Once I was dressed in a bright pink lacy dress with black leggings underneath I stepped out to see Tony had showered and dressed in the short time I had been choosing clothes.

He smirked at my dumbfounded face," Yep, I'm all ready to go. You though, have a little slobber on you cheek."

"No!" I gasped, my hand came up and I harshly slapped my face.

'Ouch!" I hissed, and Tony began to laugh again. I tried to scowl, but then I began to laugh too. I totally walked into that one.

He strode over to me and lifted me off the ground s he could kiss me. I sighed against his lips and he let me back down. His brown eyes stared into mine,"I love you." He whispered, stroking my cheek. I smiled up at him, our foreheads still touching. I breathed his breaths as his hand trailed down to my neck and stopped at my shoulder, his long fingers playing with the strap of my dress.