Layla- Worthless

Layla

Picture of Clancy to the side..... Channing Tatum

Oh my God. I got in a fight. I can't believe I had the balls to do that. Then again, the look on Macy's face. Fear, and panic, I didn't regret it. I went through the rest of the school day in a daze.

"Ms. Clancy?" Mr. Perron questioned in a stern tone, my head snapped up from it's spot on the table.

"Yes?" I replied, nervously glancing around. Someone whispered something nasty, I tried to ignore it but I couldn't. My lips turned to a frown.

"Do you know the answer to this equation?" He gestured to the mass of numbers on the board. I tried to focus, someone snickered,"So she's a whore and she's stupid." Macy whispered loudly.

I felt my self control crumbling freebly. I shook my head, once again staring at the numbers, trying to shove the problem through my brain. I would usually have an answer on the spot. Mr. Perron seemed to know I was having an off day and waited patiently, oblivious to the turmoil taking place inside me.

"Um, uh. I-I-"

Someone mocked me, and people began to laugh. The boy behind me leaned to whisper in my ear,"Hey baby. I would like a hook- up. Oh, I heard about your demands." I felt a prick and looked down to see he had pinned a 5 dollar bill to my pink colored denim skirt. The crumple bill was in sharp contrast to the pink. The 5 began to blur as I tried to contain myself.

Before I even knew what was happening, my hand was jerking to slap the boy so hard across the face that he flew back in his chair. He looked at me with resentment, rubbing his cheek.

"Ms. Clancy!!" Mr. Perron exclaimed,"Detention!"

I ignored him, ripping the five dollar bill off my dress and shoving it into his mouth,"Not with the likes of you." I snarled and stalked out of the room. I heard Mr. Perron calling my name, but swept it off making a bee line for the front of the school.

I knew Clancy wouldn't be here for a while, I didn't really care. It started to pour, thunder clapped. I was drenched instantly.

Anger roiled inside me and I kicked a light post, screaming at the pain. I yelled and stormed around, cursing everything. When my rage petered out, I just dropped to my knee's. Sobbing uncontrollably I lay in the middle of the street. It was too cold for this and I was shivering but I didn't care.

I stay there for hours. My fingers and toes going numb first, then slowly working its way up until I couldn't feel a single muscle in my body. I blinked slowly, wet lashes fluttering against my cheeks.

A car turned the corner and slammed to a stop when they saw me. I refused to get up, expecting an angry driver to get out and demand I move. They would have to drag me, I thought. Then again since I was frozen beyond any serious struggling, it wouldn't be that hard to just push me to the side and continue on with a life that is probably far better than mine.

Surprisingly, Bradley climbed out and ran over to me,"What are you doing here?" He took off his coat and wrapped in around me, despite my protests and the weak push at his chest.

His gray eyes caught mine, and I realized that they looked alot like my dad's. He looked horrified at my state, and I was too gone to really care that tomorrow the school would be buzzing. All I could focus on was here and now.

"C'mon, lets get you in the car." He urged, trying to push up my shoulders.

My voice came out stronger than I expected, probably because I really did not want to move,"No," I told him firmly. He stopped fumbling with the coat and looked me dead in the face.

His lips set,"Fine, then we'll both lay here. Just letting you know, I get cold easily." He dropped on his back beside me. His warm arm burned into mine. I resumed my staring into the cloudy sky.

True to his word, not even 5 minutes later he began to shiver, gentle trembling that revolted to fierce shuddering. I could hear his teeth chattering violently. I started to regret staying, and debated the pro's and con's of going with him. When his arm turned to ice that decided it for me.

"Ok. I'll go." I finally conceded and he jumped to his feet, rubbing his arms. I pushed up, numb. I awkwaardly got my feet beneath me and walked to the car. He cranked up the heat as I slid into the passenger seat. I knew I was soaking his seat with rain water, but he didn't seem to mind.

"Where to?" He asked, starting to drive. I thought how it was a miracle no other cars came down the road while he was there, I was lucky that no cars came while I was there. It was really dangerous what I did, but I just wanted to go home. I wanted to see Clancy. My eyes flicked to the clock, he was probably worried sick. I could imagine his face when he came to pick me up, and I wasn't there. Then I remembered..... He was gone. He had left for his mission. My heart dropped farther into a depression I didn't know existed.

I gave Bradley the adress and with a tight nod he began to turn down a familiar rode. I stared out the window as the tree's that lined the road passed. I watched focusing until my eyes began to blur and the raindrops looked fuzzy.

I didn't even notice the car stop until Bradley cleared his throat," Hey, we're here." he gestured out his window to where we had pulled up in front of my house. I climbed out with a curt," Thanks." And dashed up the stairs to the door.

"Hey, Clancy?" I shouted, entering and shrugging off my soaked jacket, hoping Macy was lying. It was deadly quiet. I cocked my head to the side, listening intently. I heard a shift, Mom's room.

I exchanged my shirt with a dry one, and went into Mom's room. The scene was deadly wrong. She was crying, head down in her hands. Dad was rubbing her shoulder, saying soothing things that just made her cry harder.

At my enterance, Dad looked up and I was shocked to see tears in his eyes too. My lips parted ins urprise as I came forward to touch Mom's hair," What's wrong?" I whispered, eyes wide. Dad paused, trying to figure out if I could handle it.

"Your bother went out on a mission. It was quick, he should've been back in two days at the most. On the way there though, they were bombed. Most survived, but Clancy is lost."

I dropped to my knee's gripping the comforter in my hands," What?" I choked, Mom was shaking, trying to contain herself. She brought her face up, and wiped under her eyes. They glistened, so purley blue.

She reached out to touch my cheek, but I ripped away," Why? Why is everything bad happening to me?" My voice was shaky but demanding. I wanted to know why everything was falling apart.

"Oh, God." I croaked, Clancy was lost. He was lost. What would I do without him? I rushed out and into my room, slamming the door. The sobs began before I could even throw myself on the bed. I screamed into my pillow.

Nothing was right.

Picture of Clancy to the side....Channing Tatum!! He's so hot I wanna melt, anyone agree....like YUM!!