Danny- Mistake

Danny

I sat inside, waiting for Layla to arrive. Knowing that what I was about to do was going to probably drastically effect our relationship.

You see, I was in love with Layla.

I loved her, but I was also IN love with her.

And I had been holding it in ever since I realized I was bisexual in 6th grade.

And when she came over tonight, I was going to kiss her.

I just had to see if she felt the same.

I watched her approach, and then saw who was with her. Julie.

My lip drew back in anger and disgust.

Why was she with her?

Layla looked so beautiful. Her brown hair was mussed from the wind and her big green eyes watered with tears from the harsh gusts.

I sighed, skipping to the door and opening it as Layla bounced up the steps.

Julie stayed behind and Layla turned to wave with a smile. I grabbed her sleeve and jerked her in, slamming the door shut behind me.

"Why were you with her?" I demanded angrily.

She followed me as I stomped to my room.

She angled her soft green gaze to me and smiled softly,"She has a reason for being the way she is, and she's very nice if you get on her good side."

"Girls like her don't have a good side." I spat, hands shaking in rage.

Layla narrowed her eyes at me,"What the heck is your problem, Danny?" She growled.

"You can't be friends with her." I decided,"She'll ruin everything."

Layla stepped towards me,"Hold up, you can't tell me who I can and can't be friend with."

I scowled,"She's no good for you, Layla." I reasoned.

She threw her arms up in frustration,"I'm tired if everybody trying to control my life! First my mom and now you!?"

"Lay-" I tried to get in, but she interrupted me, ranting angrily as she stalked back in forth in front of me.

"Seriously it seems like nothing is going right these past three months. Like I don't understand why every one is turning against me? I don't -"

I cut her off in probably the most horrible way.

I leaned in, pulling her in by the front of her shirt and kissed her.

Her lips were soft and a slightly chapped from the cold air outside. They tasted slightly like strawberries.

I realized that she was stiff, her lips unmoving against mine. I felt her shudder and I pulled back looking into her emerald eyes.

She jerked away from me once she was free and slowly, deliberately wiped her sleeve across her lips.

She was furious. Her face clenched tightly.

"What was that?" She growled.

"Layla." I pleaded. She just shook her head, brown hair flinging out around her livid face.

"That was disgusting. You're a freak." She snapped.

It felt like I just cracked in half as I watched her storm out. I heard the front door slam loudly and cringed at the sound.

And then I cried over my first true love heart break.