Layla- Lost

I was so furious. My mother, she was really doing this to Dad?

My hand reached out and grabbed her black clothed shoulder and I whipped her to face me.

"What the heck?" I snarled. She smiled at me drunkenly.

"Oh, hello." She greeted back nastily. She then waved to the man next to her,"Layla I would like you to meet Markus. He's from my old gang. Isn't he handsome?" She purred, flicking her hair and glancing at him steamily while running a hand down the collar of his suit.

My eyes narrowed,"You are a married woman, Mother. Need I remind you?"

Markus frowned, and my mother sneered at me,"Carmen, married?" He puzzled, but did nothing to remove her hand.

I stalked forwards to him, poking him in the chest harshly," Yes, married. You inconsiderate dead beat. My mother is married to Hunter Clancy and I am their daughter. So why don't you just run along and not be a home wrecker." I turned to me mother,"And you, I can't believ you are doing this now. This is a funeral! This is not a make out stand."

Just then, I felt a warm hand around the finger still firmly buried into the silk of his suit shirt. It clenched and jerked.

A loud cry left my lips, and I heard a loud 'snap', only then after a moment did the pain come rushing to me.

"OWWWW!" I screamed, pulling my hand away from him and inspecting the finger.

"Layla, Layla baby are you ok?" Tony asked frantically, appearing in front of me. I closed my eyes tight, trying not to cry and shook my head.

"What are you doing here? You here to break her other fingers, Tony?" My mother snarled.

"No, I'm here to help her. And trust me, you're the one who just let that happen. I know for sure that I'll be contacting the police and reporting assault." He threatened.

Mom shrieked a laugh," I can report you right back, boy." She snapped, and I creaked open my eyes to see Tony. It seemed this whole time he hadn't looked away from me. His warm brown eyes captured mine and he cupped my face.

"I think your finger is broken. We have to get you to the hospital."

I groaned," I just got my arm cast off!" I exclaimed. He chuckled, and swooped me up into his arms.

I gave a little shout at the sudden movement, but he just made a soothing noise and pressed me to his chest.

He started to leave, by now we had the attention of the whole funeral parlor, Tony paused and finally glanced back at my mother," I already served my time in jail. You'll both be hearing from the cops."

But I was looking towards the entrance as Karsen walked in. He wore a black suit with a plain black tie and his eyes froze on me.

He made his way over.

"What happened? Are you ok?" He demanded, looking me up and down in concern.

Tony snorted," Actually, tough boy hear broke Layla's finger."

I watched the familiar darkening on Karsen's face. His eyebrows angled down and together.

Markus stepped up and made a 'come at me bro' gesture," What do you suppose you are going to do about it?" He had and odd crisp formal way of talking. Mother talked like that when she was mad.

That was all Karsen needed, he lunged and punched Markus straight in the nose. Multiple woman squealed as Karsen punched Markus straight in the nose. There was a crunch and a moment of pause before it started streaming blood.

Markus staggered back, and wiped his nose before jumping at Karsen, he dodged and Markus flew over him onto the back of a woman standing by. She collapsed under his weight, and cried out.

A big man who had been holing her hand pulled up Markus by the back of his jacket," Hey, man, that's my wife!" And slammed him fist into Markus's jaw. Markus flew back and the man's second swing missed, hitting another man.

I watched as everything happened and soon all the men in the building were fighting.

I watched a vase go flying by," Oh, my God. I can't believe this." I gasped, trying not to laugh. Tony was still holding me, as if I weighed nothing.

"I know, now let's get you to the hospital."

As we left I shouted at Mom," Dad is going to be so mad, Mom."

She grinned sinisterly," Call me Carmen." She yelled right back.

We walked outside and he opened my door for me before getting in on his side. As the car thrummed to life, I cranked up the heat. It was early December and it was freezing. Tony saw me shuddering and reached behind him. he pulled from the backseat one of my old jackets.

I raised an eyebrow at him and he flushed darkly, facing the road again," I was going to return it..." He muttered and I laughed.

I shoved his arm lightly," Sure you were." I teased, and he just mumbled under his breath.

I snuggled into it, and turned to look out the window.

Thunder clapped somewhere in the distance.

"Do you ever wonder, what would happen if you hand't forgiven me?" Tony asked suddenly, his voice soft.

I turned to him and he glanced at me, I blinked in surprise and his face softened.

"I couldn't not forgive you. I will always forgive you. Mistakes are made."

He frowned slightly as the car spluttered and looked at the flashing buttons as the car stopped, he turned it to the curb of the desolate road and it finally lost momentum.

"Well, we're out of gas." He explained sheepishly. I giggled.

"I left my cell at home." I told him as we climbed out of the car, he came to my side and we both looked down at the ditch below. He fumbled with his pocket, just as it started to rain.

"Wonderful!" He groaned, hurrying to get his phone out. In his haste, he dropped it. It clattered into the ravine and disappeared into the forest that surrounded the road.

His face dropped, mouth flinging open in horror. I bust out laughing at his expression. He sent me a glare and started to scramble down after it. The rain was pouring relentlessly now, and I shivered as it started to seep through my flimsy dress.

I followed him into the forest and sighed in relief when the heavy leaves stopped the assault of rainfall. I saw Tony digging around in the mud and followed him as he made an 'aha' and straightened up, clutching something muddy in his fist.

"Good news and bad news." He said, facing me. He had mud streaked over his left cheek and his hair was curly from the rain.

"Good news first."

He nodded and waved the muddy object in his hand in front of my face. I cringed at the close proximity of the brown muck.

"Bad news?" I questioned and he stopped the waving before wiping the mud away from the screen.

"It's broken and we're stuck out here."

My face dropped," We're stuck?" I exclaimed. And he nodded, looking up through his lashes at me with his chocolate eyes.

"Don't be mad, please?" He begged and I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"I'm not mad." I finally consented.

"Good! Bonding time while we walk." He grinned cheekily and I couldn't help the upturn of my lips in return.

"Well, don't you want to get to the edge of the forest first?" I asked, looking around for the way out and frowning before turning back to him.

He toed the ground with his foot and blushed," I don't know the way out." He admitted.

"TONY!"