Karsen- Possesive

Karsen

Liam to the side..... Dylan O'Brien

I could barley sleep, and when my alarm went off I pressed it gently. A smile split my face, and I began to think of my green- eyed girl.

Layla.

I knew the plan was still in place and I should be thinking about Julie, but I couldn't help it.

I was so happy, I couldn't even contain it as I threw on a blue shirt and khaki shorts. I bounded down the stairs kissing my mom on the cheek, she watched me suspicously as I ate my poptart.

" I love you." I told her, grinning.

Now she looked startled and nudged Dad with her elbow, he glanced up from his work papers and glared at her.

"I think Karsen's sick." She sent another worried glance my way.

He focused his stern stare on me, I smiled, waving at him.

After a moment he chuckled," What's her name?"

I answered automatically," Layla." I sighed. Mom squealed.

"The girl who was here last night?"

I nodded dreamily.

"Well I approve all the way, she seemed sweet."

"If only you knew." I mused.

She 'awwed' and jumped up and down like a teenager," My baby boy is all grown up."

I couldn't even argue with her.

When I got to the school I began to search for her immediately, Macy appeared at my side like always.

"Hey." She smiled flirtily.

I couldn't even bother myself to be mean to her," Hey." I returned, she seemed delighted by my enthusiasm. She didn't seem to understand that it wasn't for her. I entered the school and she followed beside me.

People began to whisper, about Liam's bruised jaw. I scoffed. When Macy put her hand on my shoulder, the gossip changed to us being a couple.

Yeah, right.

I continued my search for Layla, decding to check her locker. She was there, leaning back against her locker. Liam loomed in front of her, talking and gesturing with his hands.

She shook her head, looking uncomfortable and unconvinced.

Then she turned her head slightly and saw me. A huge smile broke across her face and her green eyes lit up.

Before I knew it I was brushing Macy's hand off my arm," You know I don't get why you hang out with her." Was her response. She obviously thought I was just going to talk to her and I'd be back.

Wrong.

I strode forward. Liam glanced over his shoulder to see what Layla was looking at. It was true, his jaw was purple. I sent him a warning glare.

Pushing him to the side, I leaned down to Layla, feircely seizing her lips and scooping her up bridal style.

Her arms went around my neck and her right foot tilted up slightly. She seemed a little surprised, pulling away.

I glanced back at Macy," That's why I hang out with her." I said, before kissing Layla again. She parted her lips sighing as I kissed my way down her jaw and to her collar bone.

People were shouting and whooping. Some booing, some congratulating.

I set her down and she swayed lightly. I kept my hand on her arm.

"Layla-" Liam started, I cut him off with a glower. His face turned competitive.

"You punched me." He stated angrily. Leaning towards me. I met him head on. Layla tugged my sleeve, I looked down at her.

"Don't." She whispered, looking vulnerable.

I backed up, wrapping my arm around her waist," You better leave us alone." I warned, my voice verging on a growl.

"You interupted us." He spat.

Layla broke in," No, I will not go on a date with you." She told him forcefully," Karsen and I are...together. Aren't we?" She faced me, her little eyebrows furrowing in uncertainty.

"Yes." I said firmly, making a smile spread across her face.

The plan was going exactly as well planned.

"And I punched you because you deserved it."

He snapped, throwing his hands up in the air and then pointing accusingly at Layla," It's not my fault the little freak went all physco! She needs to get a handle on herself or something! Guy can't even get laid without something happening."

I heard Layla take in a sharp breath.

She stalked forwards and pulled Liam down by the shirt. Liam seemed too surprised to pull away.

"How dare you?" She snarled and drew her hand back to punch him right in the eye. I was shocked by the force behing her hand. A crack resounded through the hall.

With that she beconed for me to follow and started off. I came up beside her and took her books. She gave them to me easily, it was practice. I took her book bag and slung it over my shoulder.

" I'm not a weakling. I can carry my book bag myself." She protested.

"You're my princess and I'll carry your books for you." I replied. She flushed at the comment and dropped her complaints. When we got to class, I juggled her books in one hand and opened the door for her. Then I raced ahead and held out her chair. She sat, smiling at me.

"A girl could get used to this." She commented as I plopped down beside her.

"Well, go ahead and get used to it, because I don't plan on stopping any time soon."

Well until I was done with her.

"You're too sweet for your on good." She told me.

"Can I have a kiss for it?" I asked, leaning forward and closing my eyes. I pursed my lips childishly, and with a giggle she pecked me.

"There."

I didn't stop smiling all day. And for the first time in days neither did Layla.