Karsen- Time Goes By

Karsen

Picture of Karsen to the side

Layla came back the next day, her smile gone. She wore her brothers clothes and occasionally sniffed them as if to motivate her. Her eyes were puffy as if she had cried all night, and her cheeks were sunk in.

Her beautiful green eyes were flat, with a tinge of remaining sorrow. I shadowed her as she entered the bulding and made her way to her locker. When she got there, a purple 'slut' decorated the front. I didn't even know if she noticed. Without a pause, she clicked it open and grabbed her books. Closing it with her foot, she shut it and began her way down the hallway.

Oddly when she got to her first class, she immediately swerved to Bradley. A pretty blond was already sitting there, but when he saw Layla he shooed her away and patted the seat beside him. She sat.

I took my spot in front of her, but she didn't even know I was there. From my spot I saw him touch under her eye and ask what was wrong.

"Do you promise not to tell?" She whispered, brokenly. Bradley nodded.

"I-it's Clancy. H-he went to a m-mission, and they reported him l-lost." She hiccuped, voice betraying that she was about to cry. Bradley wrapped her up into a hug and Layla clutched him back. Unexpected jealousy stirred inside me. Julie, your doing this to get back at Tony, remember Julie.

Why was she more comfortable talking to him and not me?

I heard her crying quietly into his shirt. Mr. Paternoga whisked in and noticed as well. He seemed flustered and said nothing, probably had not idea what to do anyways. People stared and whispered.

The blond who was there before whispered to Macy, who sent a loathing glare in Layla's direction.

They sat that way all period, he never released his hold on her, and she still kept her iron grip on the front of his shirt. Even when her sobs slowed, she stayed.

When the bell rang she got up and brushed under her eyes, whiping away tears. Bradley used his shirt to wipe his nose and she laughed, smile lighting up her face. It took my breath away, but with a flicker it was gone once again, replaced by the frown and light dying out in her eyes.

When we got to out next class, I sat next to her and she looked up surprised.

"You don't have to sit with me becuase you feel bad for me. I know you heard what happened to my brother but I also know you would rather sit with perfect Macey." She mumbled, head dropping into her book.

"First of all, I'm sitting with you because I want to, not because I pity you."

Her face lifted some," So, you don't think I'm a slut?"

I shook my head," Not at all. Second, Macey is far from perfect. It's all make up."

Now a little grin," I think you're the first living thing with a Y chromosome to ever say that." She informed.

I shrugged," What can I say? I prefer natural beauty's, like you." I brushed her cheek and she blushed profusley, looking away.

"You really think that?"

"Yep." I summed up brilliantly, a little embarrassed by how forward I was being. She smiled, turning to face me again. Her eyes, moss green were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

She was in a different world, rocking slightly.

"Layla?" I asked concerned, tapping her shoudler slightly. She jumped, coming back.

"Sorry, I-" But then she was gone again.

I frowned with worry. That was just wierd.