Layla- Betrayal

Layla

Bella to the side...... Jennifer Lawrence

"Mom, this has got to stop!" I yelled, ripping the bottle of Jack out of her hand. She glowered at me.

"I'm an adult I can do as I please! I don't need you telling me what to do!" She shouted right back.

"I don't even understand! If you miss him that much, go get him back!"

"You don't even know! Stay out of adult business!"

"You're only a decade older than me, Mom! Don't act like you're a saint in this! He obviously didn't leave for no reason!" I hollered.

She clenched her fists, she was absolutely plastered. Pure rage was on her face as she sat at the counter on the stool and I stood towering over her.

"What are you trying to say?" She bit out in a warning tone.

"Obviously, you're the reason he left!" I growled.

'Smack' Mom backhanded me so hard I saw stars. I yelped at the sting, going to cover my hot cheek with my cool hand.

I recovered an glared venomously at her,"You know what? I was just trying to help, but now you can sit here and drink you problems away. Remember, they'll be back as soon as you're sober, and you'll regret what you just did!" I threw the bottle and it shattered against the wall.

She blinked, seeming to realize what she had just done.

"Layla I-" She was cut off by me.

"Just forget it, Mom. Deal with this yourself." I spat before going upstairs.

I packed a bunch of my clothes and texted Danny. She agreed to let me stay for as long as I needed.

I stormed back down the stairs. Mom sat there, looking dazed and remorseful.

"Layla, honey. Please." She whispered, and I got disgusted when she slurred the words.

"Bye, Mom. You need to get your stuff together. I'm not living with someone who is going to abuse me." I snarled and she looked angry again.

"You know that I don't abuse you! You stayed with Tony! Probably just love the sex, you whore!" Mom snapped.

That hurt.

"I'm leaving." I articulated slowly, trying to remind myself that this was my mother and I shouldn't slap her silly like I so desperately wanted too.

"Good! Go prostitute yourself and make some money, slut!" She called as I slammed the door shut.

I walked fuming, I knew I needed to calm down before I got to Danny's.

I found a park with no one in it and just screamed at the sky. I cursed and kicked a swing. My foot got caught in it and I tripped which just made me more mad so I ripped it off.

"That's vadalism." A small familiar Hispanic voice said.

I whipped around to see Julie. I almost snapped at her, but then saw that she was crying.

"Yeah, I guess it is. What's wrong?" I asked, going to sit on the mulch beside her.

She gave me a look out of the corner of her eye.

"Why do you care?" She questioned suspiciously.

I held my hands up in surrender,"Just wanted to help." I reassured. She sighed and stared at the wood chips below us. She drew a heart in, and then scribbled through it.

"When I was 14, I met this guy."

"It's always a guy." I sighed, and saw her lips tilt up for a moment before flattening out again as she aimlessly doodled in the dirt and mulch.

"I really liked him, so we started texting. He asked for nudes, so I gave them to him. He seemed like a super nice guy. He was so sweet, a little touchy, but sweet." Her eyebrows came together and a troubled expression crossed her face.

"Then one night he asked if we could have sex. I said no, but in the weeks after he kept asking and I kept saying no. He finally got fed up and demanded we have sex or he was going to and the nudes of me around school."

I gave a little gasp, but she didn't seem I notice, she was so into her story.

"I still refused, and he...he raped me." A tear slipped down her cheek.

"Oh my God." I whispered.

"He video taped some of it and posted it on the school website, along with my nudes. He said I deserved it because I was a tease."

"You did not deserve it." I said, angry at whoever this was.

"So that's why I started being so mean. And I also made if clear when I started dating Karsen that we wouldn't have sex. Then Tony came along."

She exhaled slowly,"I made a mess of things. And Tony didn't even really like me that much, all he did was talk about how much he loved you. We were more friends than anything." She admitted.

I felt something swell in my heart,"Really?" I cooed.

She giggled at me,"Really. He's absolutely obsessed with you. And you deserve it, you're nice and pretty. What more could a guy want?"

I grinned loonily at her,"I don't think you're mean." I told her and her eyes widened in surprise.

"But I said all those mean things to you and your friend!" She exclaimed.

I nodded,"But you had a good reason. Besides, all Bradley did on the way home was talk about how pretty you were."

She blushed,"The one with the grey eyes?" She asked shyly.

"Yeah, too bad you're taken by Karsen. You two would make a cute couple."

She shook her head and waggled her eyebrows."Karsen dumped me for you"

I choked on my spit,"Excuse me?" I croaked.

"Yeah, he said he was going to get you back."

"Please! I'm swearing off guys forever!" I huffed, making a cross with my fingers and she giggled.

"They're not vampires."

"Close enough! They suck all the happiness from you!" I said.

She laughed again before looking at me solemnly.

"I like you and I'm sorry about the things I said. Friends?" She asked hesitantly.

I grinned,"Friends." I agreed.