31 - Our Return

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT own any of the characters, All rights goes to Voltage Inc. They make Otome games which inspired me to write this. Of course I do own 3 characters here ^_^ which is Clarisse and Rei and Jeffrey

{A month later}

*Joshua POV*

We finally arrived. We're back to Dres Van, how i missed this place...

I took Rei out of the room and held her hands, we walked down the ship and stepped into the land of Dres Van.

I told Claire to stay with Jan since he will be helping her. I car waited in front of us, people crowded the streets and cheered.

"Prince Joshua is Back!"

"Mistress Rei has been returned!"

they all cheered for our return... Rei smiled as she got in the car and we drove off to the palace.

We wasted no time into going to the throne room where my father and mother waited. As soon as we entered, their eyes lit up and strode towards us. They gave me a hug as Rei stands still beside me.

"It's been months, dear boy!" my dad roared.

"I'm sorry, I'm glad to have returned here." I bowed.

"Are you alright?" mom asked me, I nodded.

*Rei's POV*

I just stood there and waited as the King and Queen talked to Joshua, I know they don't care about me, I even think they disapprove of my marriage with Joshua but it's fine. I don't really care anymore...

As soon as they were done talking, Joshua took me back to my room in the palace, how nostalgic.

I sat on the bed and smiled a little at Joshua.

"I'm glad we're back..." He smiled. I nodded at him

then there was awkward silence, I couldn't find the words to say to him.

"W-Well, I'll go prepare your things now." He said as he opened the door

before shutting the door, he looked at me straight in the eye.

"I love you, Rei." He whispered, sadness filled his eyes.

for some reason, tears started forming in the corners of my eyes, I feel like I'm betraying him, I wish I wasn't in love with someone else.. I wish I wasn't in love with Eduardo, then things would be so much easier. It's sad to leave the Sirius but the most painful thing was Eduardo didn't even stop me from leaving, it's like he never cared at all...what about the times we spent together, the times we mess with each other? Aren't those things important to him?

I laid on my bed and cried on my pillow... I wish I never left to go to the port that very day, if I didn't. I would never have met the Sirius, I would have never met Eduardo and I would be living with Joshua, preparing for my future as  the princess of Dres Van but now... things are so complicated.

 ------------

I slowly opened my eyes, I must have cried myself to sleep.

I heard a knock from the door.

"Come in." I said with a hoarse voice

I girl entered my room, wearing the maid uniform of the palace, I didn't bother look up at her as I wiped my face. i probably look horrible now...

"Umm..." the maid said which made me look at her.

I stared in awe as I saw Claire in front of me. She's wearing the maid uniform.

"T-Tea, Milady." she awkwardly said as she handed me a cup.

"C-Claire? you're gonna work as a maid?" I asked.

"Yes, it's the best job for me anyway." she smiled kindly at me.

"Why were you crying?" She asked me

"I w-wasn't." I replied.

"Your eyes are red and poofy and you have tear stains on your face." She pointed out.

"Will you keep a secret?" I sighed

"O-Okay." I patted the bed and she sat on it.

"I-I fell in love with somebody." I gave another sigh.

"I know, His Highness thinks so too..."

"Joshua? h-he knows?" I asked wide-eyed

Claire nodded sadly at me. I can't believe it, I'm the biggest B*tch in the world, I'm hurting him! and I'm too stupid to do anything about it.

"I-I... I don't know what to do.." I cried as Claire gave me a comforting hug.

We stayed like that until my cries died down. She lets me go as I wiped my face.

"I don't want to hurt Joshua."

She looked at me with sad eyes, I wonder what I could do... Maybe I should pretend like I'm normal again, it's better than feeling helpless...

Yeah, I'll do that...