7

Lucy's P.O.V

The last thing I remember is falling asleep while Louis patted my back. I woke up at 8:30 am in my bed to the sound of my phone's ring tone- Eminem lose yourself. The caller ID was Lottie, God why was she up? I answered the call, "Hello?"

LT: "Hey! I have something you'll love!"

LS: "Oh God Lottie, what did you do?" the last time she has a surprise for me, it was a picture of an apple with worms crawling out of it. Gross.

LT: "Nothing bad! But I have an early birthday present for you!" I was turning 14.

LS: "What do you mean? you come the day before my birthday, why are you talking about it now?"

LT: "Because I have something planned for you today! Plus I do have an actual present for you. But anyways, you know Nick Russtle? I got you a small date with him!"

LS: "What?!? How did you even do that? isn't he back in London? I love you Charlotte Tomlinson!!!" I laughed. I was so excited, you could hear it in my voice. Nick was this really cute guy back in London at my school. But I never thought I could get him.

LT: "Haha. So he is visiting his family right around where you are now. I texted him saying that you were there and maybe you two could get together. He replied with a winky face and told me he thought you were cute! He told me to tell you to meet him at Frosty's Treats in Hartford at 5:00pm!"

LS: "That's just down the street! I could walk there! As long as my brother doesn't know who I'm going with, I'm in the clear!"

LT: "That's great! He told me he would text you when he got your number."

LS: "Thank you so much Lottie! I have to go figure out what I'm going to wear!" I hung up.

Nick was so cute and nice. I immediately smiled and jumped up and down. I couldn't wait! I raced to my closet and thoughts dance through my head about what to wear. I got out my black lace fancy shirt with my white ripped jeans and skater shoes. I couldn't have him thinking I was too girly. I laid them on the floor and changed into sweatpants and an old track shirt. I decided to take a shower later so that I could be more fresh for Nick. I was about to exit my room when I got a text from my phone. I ran over to my bed to see who it was. It was from a number I didn't recognize and it read: 'Hey Lucy, its Nick, Lottie told me that she told you about tonight. I was hoping I could buy you a milkshake ;)' I instantly started to type back with a smile on my face.

"That's sounds great! I'm really looking forward to it." I replied.

"Great. I'll see you then beautiful."

I couldn't believe I was actually going on a date. It was so unreal. I got up and happily strolled into the kitchen. The guys were in the main room. "Good morning!" I got out a bowl and a spoon for my cereal.

"Why are you so happy? Its morning isn't it?" Zayn giggled.

"Well give me a reason not to be happy." I replied, making him shut up.

"Fair enough."

"Oh, can I go to Frosty's Treats today?" I asked, suddenly realizing that I had to have permission.

"Umm yeah ok, I'll drive you. Why?" Harry answered.

"No reason, but I can walk." I replied. He gave me a weird look and a nod. There was no way I was going to tell my big brother I had a date. I think he would kill me. I got out the lucky charms and poured myself a bowl. After I was don't eating, I rinsed my dish and put it away. I grabbed my phone and brought it over with me to where the guys were. I was texting my dad. Just about normal stuff like how its going here. It was now about 10:00 am. We were sitting exactly where we were and I was now playing fruit pop on my phone. I don't know why its so entertaining. Interrupting my game, and probably every one else's thoughts, Louis phone got a text. I saw him quickly pick it up and read it out of the corner of my eye. Suddenly, he stood up.

"Lucy has a date?!?!?" he announced. Seriously? Did he really have to do that. He KNEW Harry would kill me if he found out. I smashed my hand into my bright red face. All eyes were on me. Lottie must have told him.

"A DATE?!?!" Harry questioned frantically. I peeked out from my hand.

"Yes." I mumbled. He changed his position and kept running his finger through his hair like he was deciding whether to let me go or not. I didn't get why it was such a big deal. Liam, Louis, Naill, and Zayn were all smiling at me.

"Lucy, is this why you wanted to go to Frosty's?" Harry asked. I nodded my head.

His domineer changed and he started to go all 'over protective' on me. "Ok Lucy, who is this boy?"

"His name is Nick Russtle. He is 14 and he goes to my school but is visiting family here and wants to buy me a milkshake at 5:00" I told him everything I knew and he sighed.

"Ok Lucy, you can go. But I want you back by 6:15 sharp, you got that?" he glared.

"Yup! Thanks Haz!" I bolted to him for a hug and he wrapped his musclely arms around my body. I finally got free and skipped to my room. Tonight was going to be awesome. NOTHING was going to ruin it.

I texted Nick: "Hey, my brother said its cool to go with you. Yay!" I said what I would say to any one. A couple seconds later, he responded.

"That's awesome! See you later lovely." oh God, he was so sweet, getting that text from him made my heart melt. I smiled and screenshot the text messages. I sent them to Lottie, she said she wanted to know every detail. I suddenly heard a knock at my door. I jumped out of my skin before opening it. Harry and Zayn walked straight in to sit on my bed. They patted and empty spot of me in between the two of them. I walked over to my spot and sat down. Shit, what did I do now?

"Ok Lucy, we want to talk to you about something very important. I know you have your first date tonight, and as your big brother-" I cut Harry off.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, I'm not having this talk with you guys." I stood up and refused to hear any more.

"Lucy, just hear us out!" Zayn begged, his deep brown eyes nipping at my emotions. I sat back down and cooperated. "We just want you to know that you going on a date is a big thing for us and if this boy EVER does anything to hurt you, we will be the first ones to take 'em out." Zayn finished. I patted both their knees like children. I think that they were more scared than I was.

"Look guys, I'll be fine, now as a girl, I know how to handle these things. So would you please leave, I'm going to call the girls." I pleaded.

"Ok, Ok, but did you tell mom yet?" Harry asked. My heart stopped. I felt my eyes filling with tears. You see, my mom and I weren't in the best place right now, the last words I said to her were: 'I'm glad I wont have to deal with you now that I'm going with Harry.' she had tried to get contact with me the past couple of weeks but I haven't replied. Everybody knew that our mom was a bit, shall we say, difficult. She was just a little harsh that's all.

"No, goodbye." I snapped back into reality and pushed them both out of my room. I sighed. Should I even bother texting her? After all she is my mother, but I don't think I'm ready. Harry knew that mom didn't really pay attention to me because of work, but he didn't know about the fight. She wasn't neglective, but lets just say I was more of a Daddy's girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so this was dumb........but I'm trying to make it more interesting. dont worry. just remember: all good things come to those who wait