33

LUCY'S POV

"E-Emily?" I questioned, even though the girl was sitting right there in front of me. She nodded quietly.

"It hurts doesn't it?...........Being told you're nothing when you thought you had everything." She stood from her place as I noticed the scars dotted on her wrists. "I wouldn't if I were you." she caught me and twisted her arm behind herself. "It's not something I like to talk about." She mumbled and walked over to me.

"I-I don't-" I tried quickly to catch my breath. Everything was just happening so fast. Well, more like crumbling so fast.

"Don't know what to say?" she finished my sentence. I nodded quietly, purposely refusing eye contact with her. "It's okay. Sometimes, you don't have to know." I continued gazing at the floor, not knowing what to say to her and caring about it too. Need I remind you, this is the girl who I thought wanted to die and now she's standing right in front of me.

Please excuse me while I say: What the fuck.

"I'm Lucy." I squeaked. I looked up at her as she pushed her chestnut brown hair behind her ears and gave me a small smile.

"You don't have to be so nervous. Just.......forget everything you already know about me." She suggested, which sounded more like a plead to me. I nodded and crossed my arms.

"So, umm. Do you remember me? You know, from the X Factor. Because when the families all met.........I remembered you." I trailed off, whishing I didn't just say something so stupid. But it was true, I do remember her. She was in a basketball uniform; I remember she had just come from a game of hers.

"Yeah, I remember you. You were a scared little 9 year old hiding behind Harry's leg." She giggled. I smiled genuinely. She was right though, when I was little, I hated being around new people because I always thought they were going to hurt me or something. She laughed before talking again. "And when Niall asked you how old you were, you screamed and stomped on his foot." I laughed harder at this one. I remember back to that. I was terrified of everyone.

"Yeah, I was so scared of new people." I admitted, still chuckling quite a bit.

"I could tell." She scoffed and smiled to herself. Wait- what was I doing? I'm actually talking to her, as if I knew nothing about her. She seemed so.....normal.

"So, what are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking." I questioned sheepishly.

"Well, Liam thought I should spend time with you so I went and knocked on your bedroom door but you weren't there. So, I just kinda waited for you, I guess. And umm, I kind of heard what happened with you and Harry." She admitted. My face suddenly dropped. Harry. Why would he say that? I nodded solemnly, trying not to let those pesky tears show up again (A/N: I don't even know, so don't ask). "I'm sorry- I didn't mean to make you think about it again. Because when you think about it, it gets inside your head, and when it gets inside your head, you shut everyone out just to think about that one comment." She said, her voice getting louder and angrier through each word.

"I-I'm sorry......about you and Liam." I quivered, not wanting to upset her in the least bit. She suddenly shot her head up at me, those same chocolate brown eyes of Liam's.