Chapter 41- Kandee/ Dan

Kandees POV

I walk into the kitchen and get some water. Good thing water doesn't have any calories and stuff. I get a glass full.

I hear a bit of mumbling coming from Dan. I walk over to him.

"But...but...you can't..." He mumbles quietly. I wonder what he's dreaming about.

Dans POV

*Dream*

"Goodbye Dan." Both Kandee and Phil say at the door. Why are they leaving me? What did I do?

"No!" I say back.

"I'm sorry..." They whisper.

"But...but...you can't!" I say.

Then they disappear.

*end of dream*

"Dan!" I hear a voice say. Without control my hand jolts up.

I open my eyes to see Kandee holding her face.

"Oh my god!" I say. I accidentally hit her in the face. "I didn't mean- it wasn't- I- I-"

"It's okay." Kandee says quietly, still a little of to the side holding her face..

"But-"

"Dan. Stop." Kandee says calmly. She walks into the kitchen, as I follow her, and grabs a plastic bag. She fills the small bag with ice, the holds it to her cheek.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologize.

Kandee sets the bag on the counter. She takes her hands and places then on both sides of my cheeks and kisses me. She mouths 'it's okay' staring into my eyes. I don't care if her hands are a bit cold. All I care about is that she's okay.

Kandee's POV

My face still hurt from where Dan hit me. I knew he didn't mean or do it on purpose. I didn't want him to think I'm mad at him or anything, because I am honestly not.

At least he was sleepy, and not drunk when he did it. If he was drunk or simply mad at me and did it, I would probably be done with our relationship. I don't want an abusive boyfriend.

I was always taught if a guy ever did hit me in that way, I should get the hell out of that relationship. But I could tell by his voice, his face, his eyes, that he didn't mean it, and that he was truly sorry.

I hear russling coming from the couch, inturrupting me from my thoughts and Dans eyes. Phils up.

"Hey." Phil says sheepishly, walking towards us. 

"Hey Phil." I say.

Phil get himself a cup of coffee, as all of us are quiet.

I hear my phone ring. I hope it's not my mom again. 

I take it off the counter and read the caller ID.

Nick. I haven't seen him in a while. It's been a few weeks. 

I answer. 

"Hey Kandee! Long time no see!" His cheerful voice rings over the phone.

"Yea it has! So what's up?" I ask cheering up a bit.

"I was wondering if you wanted to get some coffee with me later? I have some exciting news!" He says.

"Sounds like a plan! How about 12:30ish?" I ask.

"Alrighty lolipop!" He says causing me to giggle a bit.

"Okay! Later!"

"Later!" We end the call.

Nick is another one of my good friends. I don't see him as much, but when I do see him he always manages to make me laugh in one way or another. He also calls me lolipop, because that's his favorite type of candy. He also used to spell my name as Candy, because that's how you pronounce Kandee. But I wonder what the 'exciting news' is?!