Chapter 30- Phil

Phil's POV

We made it to my place. I am greeted by my mum. She's having a New Years party with some of her friends.

"Phil, and..." My mum says.

Kandee and my mum haven't met yet. Come to think of it, Kandees never been at my house.

"Kandee." She says holding out a hand for her to shake.

Mum returns the gesture.

"Come in!" Mum says inviting us in.

"Kandee and I are going to be in my room." I say.

"Oh, ok." My mum gives me a 'No funny business' look.

Kandee and I go to my room.

"Your room looks even cooler In real life..." Kandee says.

"Yea. I'm actually moving out soon. I'm going to search for a flat of my own!" I say.

"Awesome." Kandee says.

Kandee sits on the bed.

"Tonight. Has been. Crazy." She says.

"It has."

"Sorry about the...uhh... Kiss." Kandee says twiddling at her thumbs.

"Oh, it's fine. I know you really like Dan and you did it because of what he did..."I say.

"Uggh. Why did he do it? I just don't understand! I thought I was finally going to tell him how I felt tonight!" Kandee says still looking down.

I rub her back and comfort her. "I don't know why he did it. And you've said that a lot."

"Hah! I have haven't I? I guess I'm just scared of what he will say and I'm afraid of rejection."

"Why be scared? I know Dan will say yes!"

"Hah. Not after tonight."

"Don't give up hope!" I say. Kandee looks up.

"Why not? I've always been the last choice. I've always been picked last for things. I'm worthless..." Kandee says the last part quietly and looks down again. I see a tear fall.

I give her a hug.

"You're not worthless. You're wonderful! And if Dan can't see that, then he's missing out on something fantastic!" I say.

Kandee looks up into my eyes.

"Thank Phil. You truly are amazing..." Kandee says. She snuggles into my jumper.

"Phil?" She asks.

"Yea."

"I don't know if I can face Dan after what happened at the party..." She says.

"I'll talk to him first." I say.

"Really? You would do that for me?" She asks.

"Of course I would. I'm your bestfriend! I would do anything for you!" I say.

"Thanks Phil..." She says yawning.

"It's 1 am, you should get some sleep." I say.

"Kandee?" I ask.

I look down to see she has fallen asleep. I pick her up gently. She is very light.

I put her under the covers. I slip in next to her and we fall asleep peacefully.

*The Next Morning*

Kandee and I wake up at the same time. We get woken by the ring on my phone.

I answer.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey..." I hear Dan say. I honestly don't know how to feel about Dan right now.

"Oh. Hi." I say.

"I really need to talk to you..."

"About?"

"Last night..."

"Dan yo-" I get cut off.

"Phil! I know! And I feel Terrible, but you don't understand what happened! Can you come over later?" Dan asks.

"Sure." I say. He is right. Kandee and I were pretty quick to judge.

For all I know, The girl could have kissed Dan first. I mean a lot of people were drunk. Dan might have been too!

"Great! Thanks Phil!" He hangs up.

"Dan?" Kandee asks.

"Yea."

"What did he want?"

"To talk to me." I say getting out of bed.

"Oh. Can I stay here while you do?"

"Yea. Sure! My mum will be here too if you need anything." I say.

I get changed.

"Uhh...Phil?" Kandee says.

Oops I forgot Kandees here.

"Oops! Forgot you're in here!" I say. I'm blushing now.

"It's fine. I mean we are best friends! It's shouldn't matter! Go ahead. I'll be on my phone." Kandee says.

I feel really weird changing knowing she's right there though.

I finish getting changed. It wasn't too bad, I mean we are best friends!

I say goodbye to Kandee and head off to Dans.

*At Dans flat door*

*Knock*

*Knock*

Dan opens the door.

"Phil! Come in!" Dan says.

We sit on the couch.

"Phil I've made a huge mistake!" Dan starts.

"Yea! You kissed some other girl at that party! I thought you liked Kandee!" I say.

"I do! I do! Just hear me out."

"Ok..."

"Last night I got a little drunk... And when they were counting down I was talking to a friend of mine."

"Go on."

"Turn around because he was walking away or whatever, and when I turned my head back froward, that's when some girl started kissing me. She caught me completely by surprise!" 

Dan finishes.

"Oh. So you didn't kiss her...she kissed you." I say.

"Yes! But what do I do about Kandee?"

"She was really upset Dan."

"Not upset enough, because she was kissing you." Dan muttered.

"Dan!"

"What?! It's true!"

"She was! She only kissed me out of anger and to make you jealous--"

Shut up Phil. Shut up Phil.

"What..." Dan says.

Kandee made me promise not to tell Dan she liked him. I basically just ruined that.

Dan also made me do that actually.

"So she likes me back?" Dan asks.

"I-I- uhh..."

"Spit it out Phil."

"Uggh. Fine! Yes! Yes she does! She told me..." I feel really bad now.

"I need to tell her how I feel!" Dan says.

"Dan, wait! Kandee is still upset! Let me talk to her first." I say.

"Ok Phil. Thanks!" Dan says.