Chapter Forty Two - Balthazar and Crowley

I go into the hotel room, glancing around to find Lucifer in the same place as I left him: the sofa. Alex is gone... somewhere. So I go inside, shutting the door quietly behind me. 

"Hey" I mutter, keeping my eyes low, so not to meet with his. He's trying to read a... teenage magazine, which is just.... weird. I shake my head a little, as he looks up, smiling.

"Hi, Louise." He puts the magazine down, and gives me his attention. "Interesting what you teenagers read nowadays. So..." He searches for the right word, but cant seem to find it. I cant either, so we both stay quiet. Awkward.

I sigh, and walk to the sofa, lying on it. After I agreed to... well. That thing. I just went. Got out of there. Balthazar's going to try and get that guy back from the past. So that he can say yes to Lucifer. Then its only the matter of trying to get Lucifer, in him. Maybe there's some magical way of doing it, I don't know. But we've got to try everything, especially since Lucifer is going to know that... I... betrayed him. I glance at him, and he seems lost in his own little world. Either thinking, or trying to find something to say. Or just trying to figure out how to can Sam back.

He glances at me, and I quickly look away. He leans forward, paying me full attention. "Whats wrong?"

I focus straight ahead, not looking at him. "Nothing. Why would something be wrong?" 

"I know when somethings wrong with you, Louise." He says. Sighing, he sits back, and grabs the magazine again. "If you want to tell me, you can. You're choice."

"I'm fine." I say, but his words echo in my head; 'You're choice'. I mentally shake myself. If I choose to do something, I see it through. I sigh, getting up and going into my room. I close the door, and get my bag, grabbing my laptop, and switching it on.

A message pops up straight away: 'When you get on, message/talk to me'. Its from Sam, who's online right now. I sigh, reluctant to talk to him after the bathroom drama scene, but its not like i get a choice when I see another message popping up saying: 'Hi, Louise'.

I role my eyes at this, and type in a quick reply. 'Hi, sorry. I cant talk right now. I've just come on to check something'. I laugh as I realise how many people in the world actually use that excuse to not talk to someone. And every time people except it. I go offline before he can reply, and click on Internet. I need to get my mind off things, so I go onto the website called Wattpad. I read an update from my friend, Ivy, and someone else. After this, I'm stuck with something to do, so I shut off my computer.

"So, where you want him?" A voice asks from behind me. I turn around fast, as I realise the voice. Crowley. He's standing there, with a young boy on the floor next to him. He looks about twenty, at the least, and twenty three at the most. He looks up at Crowley in terror.

"What are you demon?! Where am I?" He demands, struggling to stand up. He has wears a cross, a white, dirty top, and some old trousers. He takes the cross, and holds it out to Crowley.

I stand up, immediately, as Crowley replies. "You asked me what i am... and you say the answer right after? Isn't that a bit stupid little boy?" He roles his eyes, and turns to me, taking in the astonished look on my face. "This is Thomas Prendilas. He's Sam and Dean's great....great, great great great grandfather's brother. Shouldn't miss him." He smiles, "He's had the same treatment as Sam, and he's in the same family. He's suited to Lucifer. So, where you want him?" 

I stand there, gobsmacked, as Balthazar appears beside me, walking straight to Crowley. "Keep it down, Lucy Lu's in the next room. And you cant palm...that off in here. What would you do if Lucifer comes in right now?" 

Crowley stops, thinking for a sec. Then he nods suddenly at Balthazar, "Good point." He pulls Thomas up, and turns him towards Balthazar, who rips off the cross and chucks it at me. I catch, as Balthazar puts a hand on Thomas, and disappears, leaving Crowley behind. "So, Louise. How do you suppose to get you're brother in that guy."

I'm still stuck for words to say, as we hear a knock on the door. Alex comes in, closing it behind him. When he turns around, he freezes, his eyes locking on Crowley. "What are you doing with him in the room?" He asks me, not taking his eyes of the demon standing there awkwardly.

"Alex, you keep secrets for me, right? Well, try not to blurt this one out. Please?" I say, quickly. 

"Louise... Crowley? You've got to be kidding me. The other secrets were, like, Chuck... and Sam and Dean, but Crowley? If Lucifer finds out, you're dead. And so is he."

"Please, Alex. I need you to keep this secret."

"What secret?" Balthazar appears beside Crowley. His smile that had been planted on his face now disappears when he sees Alex. He glances at me, then at Crowley, and back at Alex. "That secret."

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Alex asks me, after staring at Balthazar for a second.

I'm just about to reply, when Balthazar does it for me. "Its none of your business. Now can i talk to them two in peace without you screwing it up?"

I glance between them both, nervously. If Alex takes offence to that, he might tell Lucifer. I bite my lip, trying not to shout at them both. Alex glances at me. "Have fun with the demon that killed everyone you care about, and the angel who hated you." He turns and walks out of the door, shutting it behind him.

I look at Balthazar, just about to have a go at him, when he turns to me, and speaks before I can. "You really have him in the apartment? Him? Of all people?"

"You're not a judge. Why are you judging me? Why the hell do you care anyway! Why are you doing all of this? Helping me out with Lucifer? Balthy, if you haven't noticed, I'm not blind. I know that you hated me back upstairs. So why are you helping me now?" I snap, staring at him. There's an awkward silence. "Well?!" 

"I think we can all say there's tention. So why dont we just sort this Thomas business out, shall we? I want to get back for a little chat with an old friend." Crowley says. My eyes snap to him, then I just turn around.

"Fine." I say. "I know! Why dont you two sort it out?!" I turn back around to face them. "Or... I dont know, go fuck each other?! You're suited; you're both evil son of a bitches!" I exclaim, having enough of both of them to care about anything. 

"Fine. We'll come back when you're calmer" Balthazar mutters.

"Don't even think about coming back. I'm not helping you anymore. Got it?" I say

"We wont then." Balthazar replies, dissapearing. After a moment, Crowley does the same thing, and I'm left standing in the room alone.