Chapter Fourteen - Family Ties - Michael

I gasp, as he takes another step forward. I say the first thing that pops into my head. And I'm not even joking. In all seriousness, it really is the first thing. "Hey Mic Mikki"

-----------------

He roles his eyes, loosing a little of the serious atmosphere around him. "Hello Aurelia."

I gape. That name. I look at him. "My name is Louise. Not... that.

"Your name was that." He chuckles. "I heard you knew." 

"What you come to do? Take away my memory again?" I accuse, backing away again.

"No." He says, not even denying it the fact that he did in the first place. "I want to talk."

I role my eyes a little. "Yeah? What about? Hm? The little cat fight your having with Lucy Lu? Or the fact that all i've heard about you is that your a dickhead?" I say pointedly.

He sighs, steping to the side, "No Aria. Its about how much you can remember."

I automatically say "Louise." Then I sigh, relaxing a little. "Not much. I'm just familiar with some things." I look at him. He stops, facing me. 

He nods. "Okay Aria."

I look at him, realising he's doing this on purpose. "Dude. Really? I'll start calling you Mic Mikki in a minute..."

He chuckles. "Fine. Louise."

We stand there for a moment. All i can think about is how weird it is that every time i meet Gabriel, or Michael, everything has to be awkward. I ask the only thing I can think of. "Why did you take my memory away?" I whisper. He doesn't move, or flinch. But i know he heard me.

He stands there for a minute. "I don't have long here." He comments.

"You avoided the question." I pointed out, smug.

"And?" He snaps, glaring at me. I must have been really shy back in the day, because i can see he expects me to shut up. 

I'm totally not going to do that. "And... answer it." I reply.

He looks at me. Then looks at a random spot on the floor. "To protect you." He whispers.

"From what?" I say, automatically. I know i should have kept quiet; i can see his face. But I just had to.

"From the Angels." He says. "They would have killed you if they found out you were still alive. After what you did...."

"What did i do?" I ask.

He looks me in the eye. i know not to press further. "Something that cant be undone." 

"Okay, why did you even bother taking away my memory? I mean, i would have found out sooner or later.... in this case later.... but still."

"Aurelia, you're my sister, i won't let anything get to you." He says. I look at him. He said wont. Not wouldn't. Wont.

"Dude. One - I can take care of myself. Two - Don't call me that. Three - would you have done it if Daddy commanded it?" I point up there, and take a deep breath. 

He looks me in the eye. He steps forward a space. I stay stick still. "He did."

We look at each other for a minute. "Wow." I whisper. He betrayed for me? Not openly of course... but... still....

"Happy?" He says, taking another step forward. He's a foot away from me now. "That was the only thing i did that was my own choice." He stops, as if he was in mid sentence. He wasn't though, but i can tell he doesn't know what to say. 

I take a deep breath. "Michael?" 

"What?" He looks at me. I step forward the foot that separates us and hug him. Just a simple hug. And then i pull away, walking a little into the burnt circle. I turn to face him. He looks at me, in total shock. I cant help but laugh.

"You look like a little whiny baby, Mic Mikkle!" I say, and crease up even more when he continues the puzzled look. 

It takes me about three minutes to get over the laughing, in which time, Michael just stands there, watching. 

"I have to go." Michael says, as soon as i stop. 

I look at him. "Michael..."

"Goodbye Aria." He says.

"Wait!" I say, just before he's about to go.

"What?" He looks over at me.

"Thank you." I say. "For everything. For protecting me. For being a brother....thank you."

He nods. "And thank you." He says, smiling. "Please choose the right side." He says, pleading in his voice. He vanishes. I sigh. 

"Why the hell is everyone so worried that i'd choose the wrong side!" I shout, frustratedly.