Chapter 21: First mission with the Akatsuki in Suna.

Carson's P.O.V

"If we want to enter the village we might want to take of the Akatsuki cloak and hat but we can leave the ring on." I said and Itachi nodded. We took of our cloaks and I pulled out a scroll we put our hats and cloaks in the scroll. Itachi was wearing the clothes that he always wore when we were training when I was younger. I was wearing my usual raven black and blood red dress. I let my ponytail down and I had made a crystal and ice snowflake that reflected all the colours of the rainbow and put it in my hair.

"Still as fancy as ever." Itachi said chuckling and I smiled. "Of course. Now let's head in." I said and Itachi nodded. We walked up to the gates before we were stopped. "State you business." The guard at the gate said. "We are just passing through. We came to get supplies and once the sand storms settles down we will be heading out." I said and the guard nodded and let us through. "That was amazing." Itachi said and I smiled. "We'll have to work fast. The storms settles in two days." I said and Itachi nodded.

We got ourselves booked for two nights in an inn. "We'll split up and meet at our room tonight." Itachi said and I nodded. Itachi and I then parted ways. As I was walking I looked around the village. The village was very peaceful. "Carson? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice and turned around to see Gaara walking towards me. "Hey Gaara. It's good seeing you again." I said smiling and so did Gaara. "Yeah. Do you want to go get something to eat and drink with me?" Gaara asked and blushed. "Sure why not." I said and walked with him to a restaurant.

Once we took our seat we ordered our food and something to drink. "So what brings you to Suna?" Gaara asked me as we waited for our orders. "I'm traveling around a bit. After the hokage's death I needed to get some fresh air." I said and Gaara nodded. "How's thing been here since I last saw you?" I asked Gaara as our order arrived. "The same. The people think I'm a monster but not as much as before. After Temari and Kankuro got me back we have been working on fixing our relationship. They even helped me win some peoples trust and it's all thanks to you." Gaara said and smiled at me which I gladly returned.

Gaara's P.O.V

"It's nothing. You're my friend. I do anything to help you." Carson said as she put her hand on top of mine and we ate our food. We talked about a lot of stuff until a guy came up to our table and interrupted us. "Hi I'm David. Why don't you come hang with me." David said and Carson turned her head. "I am here with my friend plus I am not interested." Carson said and turned back to me. "Why would a beautiful girl like you be friends with a monster?" David asked and Carson got irritated. "Gaara's not the monster here. You are. Gaara is a good guy that was treated badly. Let's go Gaara." Carson said and stood up with me.

"Just come with me babe. I know you'll enjoy it." David said blocking Carson's path. "I think the lady just said she's not interested." I said and David turned to me. "What are you going to do about it if I don't?" David asked and smiled as he hit Carson's butt. "Nothing but if I know Carson then I know for a fact that she is going to do something about it." I said and saw everyone looking shocked that I didn't do anything. "You got that danm right Gaara." Carson said and punched the guy and opened the door and he hit a lamp. Everyone was wide eyed except me. I paid for our meal and Carson and I left the restaurant.

We walked around the village and when night fall came I took Carson to her room at the inn. "Will I see you tomorrow again?" I asked her and she smiled. "Yes but tomorrow's my last day. I just came to get some supplies before I head out again. So I'd like to spent the day with you." Carson said and kissed my cheek and went in her room. I smiled the whole way back home. "What're you smiling about Gaara?" Temari asked as I walked in our house. "I walked into Carson then I had spent the day with her." I said and Temari smiled.

"Do you know how long she'll be staying?" Kankuro asked. "Yes. Tomorrow is her last day and she said that she'd like to spend the day with me and the she kissed my cheek." I said smiling and Temari squealed. "I told you that she like you too." Temari said and we ate dinner and I went to bed and thought about her the entire night as I looked at the moon from my room. The moon was just as bright as her smile.

Kisame's P.O.V

Itachi and I were waiting for Carson to come back from wherever she was. Just as I was going to drink my water Carson came into the kitchen. "Hey guys. I found something. Gaara's siblings are helping Gaara gain the peoples trust so that h can become kazakage like his father." Carson said and I was shocked. "That kid's the kazakage son?" I asked. "Previous kazakage but yeah. Orochimaru kill his father and the kazakage before Gaara's father was killed by Sasori when Sasori was still in the village." Carson said.

"Carson got more info the I got so let her stay." Itachi said and I was shocked. "What are you talking about Itachi?" Carson asked looking confused. "I just got back and Pain wants one of us to stay and look after the tailed beasts and since you're close to them we were thinking that you can stay. You'll still get you missions but it will be delivered by me or Itachi." I said and Carson nodded.

"It makes sense but ask Pain to let me know when Sakura and Naruto head out to find Orochimaru if Naruto gets back from his training." Carson said and got herself a cup of sake. "Why?" Itachi asked and I looked curious. "Then they're going to find Sasuke. Find Sasuke and you find Orochimaru. I need to find him because he still owes me a fight and I going to kill him." Carson said and we nodded. "Well Itachi and I have to go. The leader wants us back but we'll ask him Carson." I said and Itachi and I appeared back at the base.

We walked into Pain's office and he looked up. "Can I help you with something guys?" Pain asked and we nodded. "Carson's going to stay but she asked if you could keep an eye on Konoha. She wants to know when Sakura and the tailed beasts Naruto leave to find Sasuke so that she can follow them and kill Orochimaru.'' I said and Pain thought for a minute. "Alright. If Carson kills Orochimaru she'd be doing us a favour as well so I'll sent someone there to spy for us." Pain said and we bowed and walked to out room and went to sleep