Things that happen in the Rain

I can tell you that walking along an empty road with rain pouring down on you, soaking your dress and making your feet feel slimy is really an experience. My dress was stuck to me in many different places and the only thing that was stopping me from crying like a baby was the smug thought of if anyone checked me out while they drove past, they would pretty much be perving on the dead. Which is to say, Necrophilia much?

But still, with every step that I took down that road, the more my mood dropped. I was cold, shaking like a dog drying itself and I was unbelievably hungry. I also felt a bit sick. But that must have been from the rotten food in my tummy. Wait, dont they usually disembowel people before they dress them up all nice. I was already dressed up nice. Did that mean I didnt have intestines? Is so, how am I alive -actually, screw that question- how am I still breathing?

As I pondered my existence, I managed to ignore the depression and the thought that I was walking on a road that would lead me to nowhere. My feet hurt, my head hurt, and I wouldnt have been surprised if I dropped dead there and then. Eventually, a few cars passed by but I didnt do anything. They probably didnt want to take a soaking wet girl into their car and I didnt want help from them because it wasnt the help I needed. I doubted that anyone would be able to help me.

I didnt know how long I had been walking for but eventually the sense of hopelessness overwhelmed me. I wasnt even sure if I really was alive. Maybe I had walked straight from the tunnel into Limbo. If I was in Limbo, then I couldnt go anywhere. No death, no Heaven, no Hell.

Tears began to leak out of my eyes. I think that they were the hottest thing for miles around. Soon I was sobbing like a baby. The one thing that I had been trying not to do. I curled up in a ball on the side of the road, letting the rain splash mud on me. I cried, letting the sadness flow out of me, in hopes that I would feel better. It didn't work. If anything, I began feeling worse and worse, which was strange, considering how before I died a good cry could cure my mood any day. Some cars drove by me, honking their horns, though none of them stopped. I was too busy crying then to really care. It was only when a large truck, a few hundred metres away, began honking its horn that I looked up. Something in me needed to know if I was in Limbo.

As the truck neared me, I sprung up and leaped in front of the Truck. There was a loud crack and the sound of a horn.

I slowly I opened my eyes.

There was a large aqua wall of glowing crystals -that had trapped me in a circle- had stopped the truck from colliding with me. It had to be extremely solid for it to stop the truck but when I pushed on it, my hand went through slowly letting me break free.

I tore at the crystals and they broke away like solid pieces of jelly. I managed to make a hole big enough for me to fit through.

Desperately, I crawled through the hole, trying to get away from the madness that was unfurling.

Looking behind me, I saw that the truck front of the truck had been crushed up against the crystals. In the windshield, the driver was compressed against his steering wheel, a small gash in his forehead.

I staggered away from the wreck, stunned. The piece of crystal that was still in my hand -despite breaking away like hard jelly, it was actually a very hard crystal- fell onto the ground. Just like that, more madness happened.

I watched as the crystal began melting away and the truck began moving backwards, refixing itself. I could see the driver being sucked to his seat, having more space from his unfurling truck. His face went from unconscious to shocked to normal. I realized, this is was probably what everything that had just happened looked like. Except re-winded.

I moved back to the side of the road relatively calmly as the whole scene unfolded. I didnt even bat an eyelash as the last of the crystals melted and the truck drove away.