Chapter 20

My mother and Elijah sit across from Chres and I, Bella sits in her high chair beside Elijah. "So, exactly how long have you and Chresanto been together?" My mom asks.

"It'll be five months in two weeks." I answer.

"Oh." My mother nods. "Have you?" She trails off.

"No." I answer quickly. "We haven't even come close to that yet."

"Okay." She lets out a breath of relief.

Elijah makes faces at Bella, which she just giggles at, trying to grab his face. "Ready for another bite?" He asks moving her spoon to her lips. She looks at for a while before opening her mouth.

"Mmm." She hums, bouncing up and down, throwing her arms around.

"Is it yummy?" He coos.

His phone rings loudly, and he groans, mumbling something about Amiyah. "Excuse me y'all." He stands from the table, walking to the living room.

"Are daddy and Drew still mad?" I ask.

"Yes, just give them some time, they'll come around." My mom answers.

"I hope." I sigh.

"I don't care Amiyah." I hear Elijah half-yell, he wasn't being too loud, but we could hear him. "No-" She must have cut him off because he groaned. "I'm seeing my daughter." He gets slightly louder. "No, stay where you are, I'm staying at my brother's tonight." It gets quiet.

He comes back in the kitchen, taking his seat. "Sorry, Amiyah was just wondering where I was."

"It's fine."

After an hour, he leaves. And a few minutes after he leaves, my mom leaves.

"That went well." I sit on Chres' lap.

"Better than I expected." He agrees.

"My mom loves you." I smile.

"I'm glad."

"Me too. Because I love you." I peck his lips.

"I love you too." He returns the favor.

"Hey, I was thinking, maybe we could take a trip up to New York. We never finished our family vacation, and I know we can see the ball drop, but we can still have our vacation." I suggest.

"Sounds like a good idea. I'll book everything tomorrow. When do you want to go? And does it have to be New York?" He asks.

"Whenever we can. And it doesn't have to be, I was just thinking you might want to go back and do whatever you had planned." I answer.

"Okay."

"So, do I get to know where we're going?" I ask.

"Nope, I'll pack for you."

"But what if you pack ugly stuff?"

His jaw drops. "Are you doubting me?"

"No, baby." I peck his lips. "I just know how you are. You'll pack the ugliest clothes I have so no one looks at me."

"Got that right." He mumbles.

"Babe." I straight face him.

"I'm kidding." He holds his hands up in surrender. I stare at him with a straight face. "Okay, I was mostly serious. But I promise I won't do that."

"Okay, I'm trusting you." I point at him.

"I gotcha, love."

"Oh, say that again." I smile.

"Love?" He asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Love." He repeats, laughing afterwards.

"Bella's asleep?" I ask.

"Yep. She was tired." He nods.

I place my hands on the side of his face, looking in his eyes. "One."

"Two." He fights a smile.

"Three." I continue.

"Go." He finishes, and then we're having a staring contest, we do this when we're bored.

He tickles my side, and I laugh, trying not to close them. "This is cheating."

"No it isn't." He shakes his head.

I fight the urge to roll my eyes, and lift my hand, snapping in his face. He does blink them, mostly because I almost hit his nose. "Now that was cheating." He points at me.

"Pointing isn't nice, mister." I joke.

"Neither is cheating." He sticks his tongue out.

"Let's play twenty one questions." I suggest. He nods and places his hands back on my hips, I keep my arms around his neck.

"Um, you ask first or me?" He asks.

"You." I answer.

"Favorite color?"

"Pink. Favorite song?"

"Mm, there's a few. The Show Goes On, Power Trip, two or three more." He answers. "Favorite singer?"

"August Alsina and Chris Brown, duh." I say, in a duh tone. "Favorite memory?"

"With?"

"Anyone." I answer.

"Um, Bella's first world, or her second word. The look on your face when she called you mom was amazing." He smiles. "Favorite food?"

"Egg rolls. No, tacos. No, chicken sandwiches and burgers. No, beef jerky. It's one of those." I answer. "Favorite thing about me?"

"Everything."

"No, if everything about me changed except for one thing, what would it be?"

"I'd say you're personality, as long as your still the same woman I fell in love with." He answers. "Favorite thing about me?"

"I have a feeling you're not gonna let me say everything, so you're personality and your smile." I answer, causing him to smile that smile that I love. "What would you name your second daughter?"

"Um, I don't know. I'd want to talk to you about it." I answer. "What would you name our second daughter?"

"I have the same answer as you." She laughs quietly. "Um, favorite ice cream?"

"Cookie and cream. Your's?"

"Vanilla with caramel or cookie and cream, or sherbet." I answer. "Um, are you tired?"

"A little. You?"

"Yes." I pout.

"Wanna go to bed?" He asks me.

"If you carry me." I smile.

"I spoil you too much." He chuckles, standing up and heading up the stairs.

"Only because you love me." I peck his lips.

"That I do, baby."

"Say it."

"I love you, Makayla." He looks in my eyes, walking into his room.

"I love you, Chresanto." I smile, laying down. Once he lays down, I cuddle into his side, quickly falling asleep. I changed into my night clothes after everyone left.

This was short, and boring. But I'm super tired and I start school tomorrow. So, vote/comment anyway? I'll try to update tomorrow, with a longer chapter. Thanks for reading! Vote/comment. Please leave some feedback. What do you think of Elijah? Kayla's mom? Her dad and brother? Amiyah?

~Michele