Chapter 9

I changed Kayla's character. She's in the media.(It's Corie Rayvon)

*Kayla's POV*

"I'm going to drop Bella off at my mom's, call me when you're done with that talk with your brother and I'll head over there." Chres says.

"Okay, I love you."

"I love you too." He looks around to see if anyone is around before quickly pecking my lips.

We got in our cars and drove away, heading in different directions. I smiled when my phone rang, seeing it was from Chres. I answered it one the bluetooth of my car.

Me- "Hey, babe."

Chres- "Hey, baby girl. So, about tonight, am I gonna stay with you, or are you coming home with me?"

Me- "Drew will be home, so maybe we should stay at my place."

We're doing our best to not be in a house alone for more than an hour. We don't want to go too far.

Chres- "Okay, so I'll head home after this and get my bag and then call me when your done with that talk, call me and I'll be there."

Me- "Okay, babe."

Chres- "Is there anything you want to do tonight before dinner?"

Kayla- "Mmm, there's this place. It's an arcade, bowling ally and skating rink all in one. It's only like, five bucks a person to get in, it seems fun."

Chres- "Do you know where it is?"

Kayla- "Yeah, by the pizza place and the ice-cream shop. Sort of near the mall."

Chres- "I think I know what you're talking about."

Kayla- "Okay, I know where it is, so I can drive us there if you want."

Chres- "Sounds good, baby girl. I'm at my mom's house, so I'll call you later. I love you."

Kayla- "Okay, I love you. I'll text you when I get home."

Chres- "Be careful."

Kayla- "I will, tell Bella I love her."

Chres- "Bella, mommy loves you."

Bella- *Cheers* "Mommy!"

Chres- "She loves you too."

Kayla- *laughs* "Bye, I love you, Chres."

Chres- "I love you."

We ended the call after that. Soon after, I was home.

"Drew, I'm home!" I yelled putting my bag on the couch.

"In the game room!" I heard Drew yell back.

I ran upstairs, straight to the game room. He was playing pool with Wes and Keaton. "So, we have a very important announcement." Drew says, everyone stopping and looking at me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Maybe you should sit down." Keaton suggests. Oh no, this can't be good.

I sat in one of the bean bag chairs, and so did they. "Okay, don't be mad." Drew starts.

"But, we're kind of going on tour." Keaton continues.

"For a year." Wes finishes quietly.

I was shocked. "W-when do you leave?"

"In four days." Drew answers, also quiet. They must know I'm gonna be mad if they're talking quietly.

"How long have you known?" I ask, clenching my jaw. I know this isn't going to be an answer I like.

"Three months." Drew tells me.

I scoffed and stood up. "You guys knew for two months! And you didn't even tell me! I have four days to prepare to be alone for months! Mom and dad won't be back until after my birthday next year! And now you'll be gone too! You're not gonna be here for Christmas, I'll be alone most the time! Why wouldn't you tell me!" I yell. My mom and dad announced they wouldn't be here for Christmas a week ago, and they had to extend their trip.

"Kayla-" I cut of Drew.

"No, don't apologize and don't make excuses. Don't even talk to me anymore!" I yell at them.

"Kayla, you have Chresanto." Wes tries to reason.

"He has a family he needs to spend Christmas with, yeah, we can hang out in the morning, but that's it. I'm going to be alone! For Christmas, for my birthday, everything!" I go to walk out the room.

"Kayla, wait." Drew jumps up.

"No, I'm going out now. Leave me alone."

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"Hmm, I don't know, I'll tell you in two months though. Don't worry about it." I roll my eyes. I went to my room, grabbing a bag with a change of clothes and some other necessities. Maybe Mrs. August will let Chres and I stay with her. I need to call Chres.

Chres- "Hey, baby, are you ready?"

Kayla- "Can you come get me?"*Crying*

Chres- "What's wrong?"

Kayla- "We can't stay here tonight, is there somewhere else can go?"

Chres- "I'll see if we can stay here, but baby, what's wrong?"

Kayla- "I'll tell you when you get her. I'm gonna finish getting my stuff together."

Chres- "I will be there soon, baby. I love you."

Kayla- "I love you too."

We hung up for the second time today. I got my stuff ready, making sure I had clothes packed for our date tonight, both the skating/arcade/bowling place and dinner. There is two different outfits. I also got some pajamas and underclothes. I got all the other stuff I needed, toothbrush, hairbrush, some make-up for our date tonight, the curler, hair products, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, sponge thing, things like that.

Chresanto💙😍😘👪- I'm outside, baby girl.

Makayla💛💎👑👪- Okay, I'll be out in a second.

I grabbed my bags, there was two, and headed downstairs. I ignored the guys, and all their questions. I may as well get used to being alone and them not being there.

I hopped in the front seat of Chres' car, tossing my bags in the back, Bella wasn't back there, so there was no chance of her being hit with them.

"What happened, ma?" Chres asked me.

"They're leaving. In two days. For a year. And they just told me. After knowing for two months." I tell him, pausing for a while in between each sentence. It's hard not to cry right now.

"Oh, man. Baby, that sucks. But, you know I'm here right. You can spend Christmas with me, and your birthday. I know that doesn't make up for your family not being there, but you have me. And you have Bella. And my family." He takes my hand in his, bringing it to his lips to place a soft kiss on. "You're not alone."

"I know, it's just, my whole family is gone on the two things I thought they would always be there for, especially Christmas." I explain.

"And I can't image how much it hurts to hear that, but you can come with me on Christmas, the whole day with me, you and Bella. It might not make up for your family not being there, but maybe it'll make you feel better." He says.

"Babe, that's really sweet. And it does make me feel better. I guess things are changing now, huh?" I ask.

"Yeah, baby girl, but it'll be okay." He assures me, kissing the back of my hand again.

Well, that chapter is okay I guess. Thanks for reading. Vote/comment. Get ready for the next chapter, it'll be up soon. What did you think of this chapter?

~Michele