Chapter 14

Sorry it took so long. I had this wrote, but I didn't like the ending, so I rewrote the whole thing. I think you guys would like this ending much better.

"Makayla, just go home." Chres demands.

"Chres, I'm just trying to help." I say softly.

Bella is coming home today, but Amiyah keeps popping up. She's threatened us so many times. She's threatened to call the police, get Chres fired, sue him, so much more. Some how, she found out about me being seventeen. It's my eighteenth birthday today, so we don't have to worry about her calling the cops on Chres. We just have to make sure she doesn't find out about me being his student.

We got into an argument because I suggested I transfer somewhere else and he said it wouldn't work. Some how it changed from that to me acting stupid because of the idea. Chres says I need my education more than anything else, and I'd still get it, it'd just be at a different school.

"I know, and I appreciate it, but there is too much going on right now." He explains.

"Chres." I whisper, placing my hand on his shoulder. He moves away.

"Please leave." He doesn't look at me, just the ground. "I need to focus on my daughter. A relationship is the last thing on my mind."

"Are you breaking up with me?" I ask, tears coming to my eyes.

"No, but it's way too much right now." He says quietly, opening the door.

"So, when we have kids together, are you gonna throw me out because it's too much?" I ask.

"Kayla, I'm not in the mood." He groans.

"Its not fair! She's my daughter too, Chres! I've been around for just a few months less than you." I say, a few tears slipping down.

"What if Amiyah finds out, huh? Then what?" He asks.

"We get through it, together. Arrange one time, at a public place, that she can see Bella. If she still doesn't leave us alone, we'll get the police involved, or a restraining order." I answer.

"If we call the police at anytime, she knows things that'll get me arrested!" Chres yells.

"And you think that doesn't scare me too? You are the love of my life. I love you with everything in me! I don't want to lose you!" I exclaim.

I sit on the couch, silently crying with my head in my hands. The couch dips down beside of me, arms go tightly around me. "I love you. I'm sorry." Chres says quietly, kissing the side of my head.

I turn to him, laying my head on his chest. "Come on now, baby. Stop crying. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." He rubs my back soothingly.

I look up at him and he wipes my tears. He pecks my lips and whispers, "I love you."

"I love you." I whisper back.

The doorbell rings and we both get up. Bella's home!

Chres and I both give Bella hugs and kisses, telling her we love her. The lady left after saying everything was okay and it was made clear that all calls were falsely made against us.

"I'm gonna call every one over." Chres announces.

"Okay, I'll get dressed and get Bella dressed so we can go get a few things from the store." I reply, pecking his lips.

"Okay, baby. I'll get ready right after I call everyone."

I head upstairs with Bella. I dress her in a onesie. It was grey with 'Daddy's Princess' written in pink cursive. It had a slanted gold crown above the words. I put on her pink tutu with it. Along with some pink shoes and white socks.