Chapter 7

Song of the day: TobyMac 'Me Without You'

"Bye momma, I love you. Bye daddy, I love you. Both of you be careful." I told them. I hugged them both and kissed their cheek.

"Bye, remember, call us if you find a house and tell us how much it is, we'll put it on your card." My dad told him. They agreed to let me move out.

-Flashback to Sunday night; dinnertime-

"So, mom and dad, I'm eighteen now, well, I will be in a few weeks, but I was wondering if I could  move into my own apartment, or house." I said. They automatically said,

"No, not going to happen." I was prepared for that.

"Well, I will be going to college next year and I've done a lot of thinking about where I want to go and what degree. I really want to go to NC State. And of course, you both are so involved in the community here, you won't be able to just up and leave with me. I think it would be good for me to get a sense of independence before I take a huge jump and move down there, completely unprepared. If I get an apartment here, and you guys would just help me for the first month, I could work and start saving up money for a place in North Carolina. I don't want to stay in a dorm, I hear it gets kind of crazy. I think it would benefit me." I explained. They looked at one another, having a silent conversation.

"Okay, on January third, you can move into your own place. Not before your birthday, you will be eighteen." My mom told me. I smiled.

"Thank you, I love you both so much!" I cheered. Drew looked at me like I was crazy while our parents laughed at my outburst.

-Flashback Over-

"I will, I'm looking for a job soon." I told them.

"Okay, honey." My mom said, hugging me. I kissed her cheek at the same time she kissed mine.

"Bye, mommy. I love you. Be careful." I told her, hugging her super tight. I hate when my parents leave.

"I love you too. We will."

"Bye, daddy. I love you. Be careful." I told my dad, bringing him into a tight hug.

"I love you too. We will, honey." My dad said, holding me even tighter. I'm a big daddy's girl.

When our goodbyes were finished, they got in the cab. I'm really gonna miss them.

I walked back into the house, keeping the cover around me. It's freezing. I'm not sure what to do, I have school tomorrow and it's already six at night. Their flight got delayed, not that I mind. I hate when my parents leave.

I plopped on my bed, looking at the TV. I laid face down on my stomach, I put my face in my hands, holding my head up. I continued watching 'Real Husbands Of Hollywood' Kevin Heart is hilarious.

My phone started ringing half way through the third episode. I felt around the bed for it, still to into the show. When I found it, I picked it up and it was a FaceTime call from Chres. I smiled and answered it, right as 'Real Husbands Of Hollywood' went on commercial.

I answered it and Chres was holding Bella on his hip. There was music in the background, put it was only him and her.

"Baby, we're lonely and bored. Come join our two people party?" Chres asked. I giggled.

"If I come, will you put a shirt on?" I asked. Chres shook his head.

"No, it's hot in here. The heat broke and it won't cut off." He answered.

"Then y'all come over here."

"Someone is coming to fix it, so I have to be here."

"Alright, I'm on my way."