Chapter 22

"Arianna?" I ask.

"Hello." She smirks.

"Why are you here?"

"Just doing my job." She shrugs, that same little smirk on her face. "And how are you, Chres?"

"You know her?" I ask him.

He shakes his head, "I've only seen her once, that time we went to get ice cream and y'all got in a fight."

"Aw, Amiyah never mentioned me?" Arianna pouts. What does Amiyah have to do with any of this?

"Amiyah?" He asks.

"I'm Aria." She says, as if it's obvious. "Her best friend, duh."

"Are you sure?" Chres asks, tilting his head to the side.

"Duh, I've had a little work done." She smiles.

"And why are you here? You're obviously not room service or house keeping." Chres says.

"I told you, I was doing my job." She steps closer to Chres.

He steps away, moving behind me. "Which is?"

"To do whatever Amiyah tells me to."

"What?"

She giggles, "Well, I've gotta go."

The police enter the apartment, stepping between us. "Officers, thank goodness your here. She just won't leave." Arianna points at me, acting innocent.

"Um, you're the one that broke into the hotel room. I'm staying here." I move away from her.

"Chres, tell them it's her." She pouts.

"It's her." Chres points at Arianna. "And she really needs to go. She's already hurt my daughter."

"Oh please, all I did was move the pillows." She rolls her eyes as the cop puts her in cuffs.

"After you broke in." I roll my eyes this time.

The cop takes her down to the cop car, and two others stay behind to ask us questions. Eventually, the cop that was working on finding out who broke into our house arrives. We give him the run down on what happened.

"And you think it was Amiyah?"

"Yes, sir." Chres nods.

"Okay, we'll check it out." He nods, pocketing his note pad.

"We have to find somewhere else to stay." I frown, laying my head on Chres' arm. The officers already left.

"Go get the bags." He tells me, turning to kiss the side of my head.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there." He answers, not mad, just not wanting to say it while we were in the room.

"Okay." I stand up, going to the room. I hear him sigh, he probably runs his hand down his face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Next Day-

"She wants what?!" I exclaim.

"Fifteen thousand." He groans.

"Thousand? As in three zeroes?" I ask, in disbelief.

"Yes." Chres nods.

"We don't have that kind of money." I tell him.

"Actually, we do." He looks up at me, since he was sitting on the couch and I was standing in front of him.