Chapter 21

My eyes flutter open slowly. I glance over at the clock, seeing it was nearly six in the morning. I close my eyes again, trying to fall back asleep. Only a few minutes later, Chres' alarm rings loudly. I quickly turn it off, not wanting to wake Bella. She slept in our room last night because she's sick.

"Chres, you have to get up." I say quietly, shaking his shoulder.

"Mm." He shrugs me off.

"Chres." I shake his shoulder a bit harder.

"What?" His eyes open slowly.

"You have work today." I remind him. It's his first day back after Christmas break, I'm homeschooled now, so I don't have to go.

He groans, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. "Give me a kiss." He pushes his lips out.

I peck them quickly, "I'll drive you."

"Okay." He nods, getting up and heading to the bathroom.

I stand up and go to my room to get dressed in some sweatpants, it's cold outside.

Stepping into my room, I immediately freak out. It was trashed. Not just I had a few things on my floor, someone went through and destroyed my things. My mattress was flipped, the sheets ripped off, my clothes were thrown around the room.

"Chres!" I yell, going back to his room.

"What, babe?" He asks, coming out of the bathroom.

I grab his hand and drag him to my room. "Someone broke in."

"Ah, man. Get the baby." He tells me, heading for the stairs.

I run back to his room and pick up Bella, laying her head on my shoulder. I hurry downstairs, where Chres is looking around the living room, which was also destroyed.

"How did we not hear this?" I ask, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know, get a bag ready. We're going to stay somewhere else." He kisses the side of my head. "I already called the police."

"Okay. You want me to pack yours?" I ask.

He nods, "Please?"

I walk upstairs with Bella and grab Chres' suitcase. I put some of his casual clothes in there, pajamas, boxers. I get five of his button ups and khakis for when he goes to work. After getting a few outfits together for myself, I start on Bella's.

Chres explains what happens to the cops, then we leave. His parents were out of town, so we decide to stay in a hotel for a little while. Chres doesn't want us in the house, in case they come back.

Needless to say, Chres took the day off to figure things out. He explained everything to his boss already.

"Who do you think did it?" I ask Chres, laying my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know, baby." He wraps his arm around my waist. We were cuddled up on the couch in the hotel, Bella was asleep in the bed.

"How long will we be here?"

"I don't know. We might have to move." Chres tells me.

"But I like our home." I frown.

"But what if they come back?" He asks.

"So, we're moving then."

He chuckles, "Yeah, and I want you to help me look for places."

"Okay." I smile, pecking his cheek.

My phone rings loudly, and I quickly answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hey, is it okay if I come over today?" My mother asks.