t h i r t y - n i n e

"Marinette, you stay here, no matter what happens," Chat said, pointing to the room, which was well hidden from the sight.

"Why?" she asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Because I said so," Chat wanted to close the door, but Marinette didn't let him.

"No. Tell me why or else I will not stay here," she said.

Chat gulped. "Look, little lady. You might be in danger, so stay here,"

"NO!" she protested. "I will not stay here,"

"Why do you have to be so stubborn? Do the thing that you were ordered for once in your life!"

"I'm not a dog, I will not take orders. Especially not from you!" she exclaimed.

Chat rolled his eyes. He knew this might be the last time he saw her.

He grabbed both of her hands gently and led her in the room.

Marinette was confused by his actions. "Wha..-" she was cut off by him placing his lips onto hers.

She pushed him away from her. "What the hell? Leave me alone!" it was hard for her to reject him, but she knew she had to.

"Listen to me, princess," he took a deep breath. "This is probably the last time we will see each other. Please..-just let me,..-"

She looked at him, shocked. "What do you mean by that?"

He sadly smiled. "It means you'll finally get rid of me."

"You are making the mood worse," she said, looking worried at him.

Saying they won't see each other again? What was he planning on doing?

"I know, princess," he burried his head in her neck and hugged her tightly. "I just ..-"

"Adrien, what are you talking about? Why wouldn't we see each other again?"

"It means that I will probably die," he tried to laugh it off.

"What?" Marinette couldn't get it in her head. "You will not die,"

"Hawkmoth knows my every move, princess. He trained me himself,"

"Yes, but ..-" Marinette wanted to get rid of him. But if this means dying ... There was no chance she would do that.

She loved him for god's sake.

"Listen to me, Marinette," she looked at his bright eyes. "I love you. I always have. And I will do my best, but I know that won't be enough for me to win. He might be old, but he's in good shape,"

"Chat ...-" she hugged him tightly. "You c-can't leave me, please,"

"I wish," he sadly smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"Now please stay here. I don't care if I don't survive. But I could't be at peace if something happened to you," he said. She saw how he tried not to cry.

It was hard for him, knowing he would die and leave her behind.

Then the siren was heard. Her eyes widened, making her shook in fear.

"I love you, princess. Stay safe," he kissed her once more, before running out of the room.

Before the door closed, he swore he heard something like 'I love you too'.

Even if it was only his imagination, it made a thought if dying easier.

-----------------------------------

"I thought you would never show up," Hawkmoth laughed. "I thought you backed out, like a scaredy cat,"

Chat rolled his eyes and eyed his belt with a knife and a gun tied to it.

He also had a pocket knife in his boot, just in case.

"Shall we start?" the older one asked. "Well the rules are simple."

"Yes, yes, the fight goes on between gangs until one of the leaders is dead. Simple as that," Chat rolled his eyes again.

"And the soldiers standing are winner's gang," Hawkmoth added.

They looked at each others for some time, before Hawkmoth attacked and the whole gang with him.

People could help the leaders defeat each other, but usually it never happened, since they were too occupied with the members from the opposite gang.

Chat dodged the blow and hit back again, targetting Hawkmoth's neck, but the older man stopped the hand midway and twisted it, making Chat yelp in pain.

He turned him around, so he landed painfully on his back. He groaned in pain as he took out the knife and started fighting with it.

"Where's your lady?" he smirked. "She's missing how I will crush your petit frame,"

"You wish," Chat wiped off the blood that poured out, when his opponent's fist collided with his nose.

The fight went on for some time, but Chat was slowly losing.

He knew this would happen. He has never beaten him. And he probably never would.

Chat got kicked in his stomach, sending him back into the wall.

He slid down the wall, groaning in pain. He got stabbed in the lower part of his stomach and the wound was bleeding.

He had all his weapons taken away from him. His gun was in one of the corners and his knife was at least a few meters away.

He wouldn't be able to grab it if he tried.

His pocket knife was in Hawkmoth's hands and there was some blood on it.

"Well, let's finish what we started so many years ago," Hawkmoth smiled. "I always wanted to kill you. You were so diguistingly happy, it was eating my nerves. And you never lived up to the expectations,"

"Then what will you do, if you kill me?" Chat coughed some blood.

"Oh I already have another person to take your place after I die," he evilly smirked. "Now let's finish this,"

Before the small pocket knife could cause him more pain, Hawkmoth stopped and started coughing blood.

He let go of pocket knife, making it fall to the ground with a noice.

Chat didn't know what happened, but then he saw a blade of his knife right through Hawkmoth's chest.

The older fell to the floor, making everyone look at them and stop the fight.

Everyone's eyes were pointed into the shaking girl, who was staring at the dead man in front of her.

Chat's eyes went wide as he picked himself up, ignoring the pain and walked over to her, holding her shoulders and looking at her shockingly.

"Marinette, what have you done?"

-------------------------------

Chapter dedicated to shannonclark015 for her birthday!

*runs away, faaaar away from pissed fangirls that want to kill the author*