t w e n t y - s i x

"Who's a good boy?" Marinette petted Plagg and gave him some cheese as the black cat purred, twisting himself between her ankles. "Right, I shouldn't say that. You're not a dog,"

She was worried about Adrien. It was almost midnight and he hasn't come home. "Plagg?"

Cat's green eyes looked at Marinette. She sat down on the floor, letting the cat crawl into her lap. "Do you think he's okay?"

Plagg sat down on one of her legs, looking at her with worried eyes, like he understood what she was saying. 

With that, she heard door open, so she stood up. She saw a boy in a mask and cat ears step into the living room, sadly looking at her. 

He narrowed his eyes as he saw the black cat in Marinette's arms. 

"Are you okay?" her voice was barely heard. He nodded as he walked past her, taking off his mask and ears in the process. 

"Adrien, I know you're not okay," she placed one hand on his shoulder. He didn't turn her around, he just stared in the wall in front of him. 

"I'm not," his voice was low, sadness and hatred heard in it. She kind of got scared, so she moved her hand away. She put Plagg down and looked at the blonde in worry. 

"Tell me what's wrong?" she knew that pushing him into telling her wasn't the best idea, but she didn't know how to help him if she didn't know what was going on.

"Nothing," he stepped away from Marinette, pulling his shirt over his head. Before she could do anything, he disappeared in the bathroom, leaving her confused.

She was already in pijamas, so she just sadly sighed and lay in her bed, letting Plagg settle himself in small bed she made for him. She turned on her side and closed her eyes. 

Marinette couldn't figure out what happened to him that it made him so upset. She tried thinking and thinking, but nothing she could think of, made any sense whatsoever.

She heard water in the bathroom stop and soon opening the door of it. She felt a hand over her waist, pulling her closer to a warm body. She felt hot breath on her neck and a few drops of water on her face, probably from his still wet hair.

"I'm sorry, princess," she felt a whisper and a faint kiss on her cheek, before she drifted off to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------

She woke up to a really tempting smell of something delicious. Waffles maybe?

Marinette got up, seeing that Plagg wasn't in his bed anymore. She shrugged and didn't bother to change into something different than her pijamas. 

She saw Adrien in the kitchen, preparing breakfast and he had Plagg twisting around his legs. It didn't look like he minded at all.

"Good morning," she greeted with yawning. 

"Hello, princess," he greeted and put waffles on a plate. "Hope you're hungry,"

"Yeah," she sat down on a chair and sighed. "Why were yesterday so grumpy?"

"I tried giving milk to the cat, but he seemed to be really picky," Adrien ignored the question, he's been asked. 

"He eats only cheese, now please answer my question," Marinette sighed and saw how Adrien's face saddened. 

"It's just..-" he couldn't get it out of him. "Why do you want to know?"

"Because you're my boyfriend and I care about you," she replied without thinking. Was he her boyfriend or not?

"We're together?" he asked weirdly. 

"W-Well if you want," she blushed, so he leaned over the table, pecking her lips. 

"Of course," he smiled at her. The silence filled the place, so he pushed a plate full of waffles in front of her. She thanked him.

Their silence broke the bell on the door. Marinette suprisedly stood up, before walking to the door.

"Marinette Dupain Cheng?" the postman asked and she nodded.

"You need to sign this," he gave her a pen to write and when she was done, she got a letter. Why would a small letter need signing?

She thanked the postman and closed the door, making her way back to the table.

"What's going on?" Adrien narrowed one eye brow.

"Not sure," she shruggled and opened the letter.

Her eyes scared the white paper and her eyes widened. "Oh my god!"

"What's going on?" Adrien asked curiously.

"I've been accepted as intern in Gabriel's company," her smile couldn't get bigger.

Even if name of his father stung him, he congratulated her. "I'm really happy for you,"

"And I start next week," she happily hugged him.

Plagg meowed, making Adrien put him in his lap. "Why did you buy him? Not that I don't like him, I'm just curious,"

"He .. Uh he remided me of you," she shrugged. "Besides he looked so lonely,"

"Well I'm glad," he kissed her cheek and stood up.

"We should do something together," Marinette smiled. "Maybe celebrate. This certainly needs celebration,"

"Sure, what do you wanna do?" she noticed he lost that spark in his eyes.

"Nothing until you tell me what was written on that note," her face became serious in a matter of seconds.

"Marinette, please drop it," his eyes were begging her. "It's not worth it,"

She pursed her lips and nodded, even though she didn't feel like it. "Thanks,"

"Now, let's go celebrate!" he smiled and took her hand, then dragged her to get dressed and then out of the door. 

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the boring chapter. I might not update as much, since I'm going somewhere with my friend. I'll try, but I don't promise anything. I might not have wifi.