t w e n t y - e i g h t

"Please, father, can we?" a small boy asked his foster father. He was done with his training for the day. He worked really hard, just to have an hour of fun.

The man rolled his eyes and nodded. He gave the boy a pair of jeans and a fresh shirt, before pushing him into a bathroom. "First shower, then we can go,"

Little boy let out a small laugh as he showered as quickly as he could. "I'm ready!" he exclaimed and grabbed his father by hand, pulling him out.

"Adrien, slow down," he ordered sternly, which made him afraid. He was always mean to him, he was abusive if Adrien wasn't a good boy.

It was seen on his blue eye, where he was punched just the previous day.

Adrien was supirsed when Hawkmoth actually agreed to go to park with him. He was only ten, he had to have some playtime.

At least that was he thought. "Can I go, father?" he asked, when he saw playground nearby.

"Be near, so I can see you," Adrien smiled and let go of his hand and ran towards fun. He was really skilful by the age of ten, so he was there in a matter of seconds.

He climbed everything, he tried to come on top of everything and he did it with ease. Adrien held himself up with only one hand, making others gasp, but he didn't care. He started going even faster, slid down the slide, swing on swings and laugh all the time.

This was the first time (and probably the last) when he could be just a kid, who didn't have to worry about his training, how to become a gang leader and others who always criticized him for not being smart or skilful enough to be their leader.

He was always mocked about his height. He was a small kid, but he was happy about it. He didn't care if he wasn't the tallest. He knew he would be the best leader he could be.

He ran towards the slide again, but he accidentally bumped into someone, making the person fall to the floor.

"I'm so sorry," boy started apologizing, when he saw he knocked down a girl. She dusted her pink dress and picked up her basket, which was covered with white robe.

She turned her face to him and smiled. "Don't worry, it happens,"

Something in Adrien moved, making it warm in his stomach. She finally looked at him really and saw the blue eye, he had from his father's punch.

She dropped her basket again, putting one hand on his cheek and the other to look better at his eye. "Oh my, what happened?"

"I-I uh fell," he wasn't the best in lying.

Yet.

"Liar. It must've hurt a lot," she saw bruises that covered his arms and gasped. "What happened?" she exclaimed again.

"I-I told you. I'm a very clumsy person," he lied. He felt so bad for lying to her, even now that she showed care for him.

Wait..-Did she even care for him? Why would she be like this?

"By the way you were climbing before, I wouldn't say you're clumsy," she smiled. "I'm Marinette," she offered him a hand.

Marinette, huh? A beautiful name, he thought.

"I'm Adrien," he took the hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you,"

"You too,"

She picked up her basket and took something out. "You must be hungry with all the exercise you had," she gave him a croissant, which was still warm.

"Thank y-you, but I can't take it. It's yours," he felt something he's never felt before. What was this feeling? To feel somebody care for him?

Sure, his father did care for him, but it was different. Adrien knew, his father only cared for him because he needed someone to lead the gang after him.

This was different. It felt like she wanted to care for him.

"Oh, don't worry! My parents own a bakery, I eat this stuff every day," she pushed the croissant in his hands.

"Thank you, Marinette," her name slipped off his tongue so naturally.

"It's not a problem. Besides, we can be friends, right?" she smiled. "I like having new friends and you don't seem like a bad person,"

If she only knew.

Adrien's face fell for a second, but he became happy once more, hoping that she didn't see anything.

"Well, I'll see you around. I hope we meet again," she waved, before running towards her parents who were waving her.

He looked at the croissant in his hand. He took a bite of it and before he knew it, it was stuffed in his mouth.

"Adrien!" he heard his father call. He turned around and ran towards him,

"Who was that?" he asked the boy and pointed at the girl who was talking to her parents.

"Marinette," he smiled at the thought of her name.

His father saw the look on the boy's face. It was the expression of love and there was no denying it.

"Did you feel anything?" he asked, making the boy confused.

"What do you mean, father?"

"I mean, did you feel something in your stomach, a warm feeling maybe?" he asked and Adrien's eyes went wide as he nodded.

"Well, son, it's called love," man kneeled down to the boy.

"Love?"

"Yes, indeed. And if you work hard, she can be yours someday," he smirked. It was a motivation to make Adrien work harder.

"I'll do it," the boy smiled. "She will be mine someday,"

"Mine and only mine,"

----------------------------------------------

Yeah idk what this is. I wanted to make Adrien fall for her because she cared for him. Idk if you got the point of the chapter.

Would anyone be interested in klance fanfiction?