e i g h t e e n

Warning! Some swearing.

"Mari, hey, princess, look at me," Chat lifted Marinette's chin carefully, so he could see her eyes. There were tears and pain in them.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, I should have never left you."

"C-Chat?" she whispered, her voice weak. The pain in her upper arms was still present, blood still pouring out.

Chat ripped part of his back shirt and wrapped it around her arm. She screamed in pain once more as she felt the warm material around the wound. "Princess, please stay with me,"

She lost enough blood to be dizzy. "Nino, untie her arms and legs," Chat Noir ordered and Bubbler obeyed.

The fact that her arm was twisted back, was causing her even more pain.

Chat wrapped the part of his shirt a little higher than the wound was, so it stopped the blood.

"There," Bubbler said as he finally cut every rope around her.

Chat Noir lifted her up carefully, so she wouldn't get hurt. But when he really looked at the wound, his eyes widened. "What has he done to you?"

"Let's go. Get others and let's get out of this shit," he didn't like the place they were in, since it stunk.

Bubbler nodded as he went for others.

Marinette lifelessly lay in his arms as he carried her out. "So that's her then," Chat looked at the man in front of him. Cupid.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"Take care of her, true love doesn't come around often," he said as he hugged Timebreaker around the waist.

They all got into vans that they came there with.

It wasn't long after they arrived back at the safe house as they called it.

Chat didn't hesitate. He took Marinette to his room, putting her down carefully on the bed, then went looking for first-aid kit. "I'm so sorry, princess,"

She fell into unconsciousness along the way. He treated her wound and wrapped it up, so she didn't have to suffer pain when she woke up.

He didn't let his eyes off her, wanting her to be okay. He felt so bad for not being able to protect her, when she needed it.

He felt his eyes water, but he swallowed the tears, not letting anyone see him cry.

It was maybe a little more than three hours, when she finally started opening her eyes. "C-Chat...-"

Her voice died down as he opened his eyes too. He fell asleep, even if he didn't want to. "Princess," he stood up from his armchair as he kneeled down to the bed.

She tried to move, but pain shot through her arms, making her groan.

He interwined their fingers, looking down at her. She gave him a little smile.

"You know, I like the outfit," he smirked as he realized what she was wearing.

Even in this state she blushed. "Stop it, you darn cat," she tiredly smiled at him.

"I'm sorry, princess," his little turned into frown. "I'm sorry, I wasn't there for you when you needed it,"

"I-It's my fault really. I pushed you away," she sighed. She embarrassedly hid her head in the hand that wasn't hurt.

"He..-Who was he?" she asked slowly.

"Nathanael, known also as Evillustrator," he shook his head. "Always tried to bring Miraculous gang down, but I never quite knew nor care where he was, so I just let him be,"

"W-Why?"

"You're asking me why I let him be?" Chat narrowed his eyes.

"N-No. Why did he want to bring you down?" she took a deep breath.

"That's a bedtime story for some other time, okay?" he covered her with a blanket and kissed her on her forehead.

Oh, he had no idea how much he missed her.

Even if it was for two days.

"Sleep tight,"

------------------------------------------------------------

When Marinette woke up it was dark outside. She sighed as she suddenly felt scared.

She started shaking from fear, she felt the pain of carving letters into her arm once more.

That made her curious. What did Evillustrator write in her arm?

"Princess?" there was a light that came from a phone.

Chat Noir stepped in the room, blinding her for a second. "Sorry," he pointed the phone into other direction.

"Are you okay?" he came closer to her and saw how all her muscles tightened, moving slightly away from him. Even though he did save her, that didn't mean she wasn't afraid of him anymore.

"I-I'm fine," she lied.

"You know that I can see when you lie, Mari, what's wrong?" he asked, sitting on the bed, near her.

She folded her arms together and sighed.

"I'm s-scared," there was no point in lying. He would know if she did.

"It's okay to be," he warmly smiled at her. He brought one of his gloved hands to cup her cheek and make her look at him.

"You should get some sleep, princess," he smiled at her, before he stood up, but someone pulled him back down.

He saw Marinette holding his arm, not wanting to let go of it. "Stay, p-please,"

Adrien was suprised. Marinette never seemed to stop suprising him.

He turned off the light on his phone and lied down next to her, careful not to hurt her arm.

"W-What did Nathanael carve into my skin, Chat?" she asked, a little scared. She knew scars will be there forever.

He sighed as he placed one hand on her waist and the other he used a pillow.

"Do you really want to know?" she nodded and even though he didn't see it, he felt it.

"It says..-" he took a deep breath. "Chat Noir's princess."

-------------------------------------------------

Well! The winner is ....

Actually there are two winners because princessxnoir said Chat's princess and I did take it as a correct answer, but MusicIsLife914 told the whole answer, so the chapter is dedicated to both of you:)