Chapter 43

"So skip class?" Ed asks again and this time I just nod.

"So what did he mean? He wants you to model?" I nod again.

"Although my communication skills are fucking awesome I need you to speak this time just to make sure you haven't had a stroke" he tells me as we enter his car.

"Yeah...he said he will come by the club tonight and we will talk at my break about working for Burberry" I tell him but saying it out loud, hearing the sound of my voice as I speak makes this whole thing even more unbelievable.

Ed starts the car and we head for the "Corner Café" a decent cup of coffee being the pill for my astonishment and dismay.

"Ella, I hate to break this to you..." Ed says cautiously as we sit at our usual table, Niall taking his break joining us with a bright smile on his face.

"...but did it occur to you that maybe this Ferguson guy offered you the gig because..."

"...of Harry" I finish for him.

"Of course I thought about it Ed and that is probably why he is doing it. I am not stupid nor gullible- unlike of what you might think- but I would be lying if I didn't find this quite intriguing. I mean I need to hear him out, see what he has to say and God knows I need the money so..." my mind is overcharged with thoughts and I need to calm down and put them in order.

"I guess I'll see what he has to say and I will tell you all about it, yeah?" Ed's expression betrays his worry.

"Don't do anything or sign anything before you talk to Jimmy and me" he voices his concern.

"Will you tell Harry?" Niall jumps in being all reasonable and cute.

"Not until there is something to tell Ni. Besides he is in the middle of meetings and negotiations. I don't want to burden him if there is nothing to be stressed about right?" he agrees and we decide to have a gang meeting tomorrow at the café.

"By the way" I turn to Ed smiling "why are you so surprised? You don't think I'm model material?" I joke.

"Of course you are" he doesn't waste a minute. "I was always in favour of promoting the plain. So what if you have cellulite, fat thighs and pimples right? So what if you tack your tits in your socks, we should encourage and promote the average person" he laughs at me content with his answer.

"I forbid you to be friends with Jimmy from now on, you hear me? His influence on you is more than evident" I tell him pretending to be offended and we laugh together.

When it was time to get to work I had Chrys help out with putting my outfit together, I was trying to make an impression after all so her help was imperative.

"Dress to impress Cameron" she

She wouldn't let me go until she was certain I looked my best.

So she did my hair and persuaded me that a mini black dress is always a win and by the looks I get from the majority of the male clients confirms her opinion

"Looking good Cameron" Jimmy comments when he gets a chance.
"Well thank you Jimmy" I reply flipping my hair to create a dramatic effect as I also bat my eyelashes.
"So this Ferguson guy, when's he coming?" he inguires while mixing drinks increasing the volume of his voice so as to be heard where I am standing.
"Your Siamese brother informed you already I see" I say pointing at Ed who is smiling knowingly in the crowd.
"Ella I know everything babe. Everything. I know when you eat, when you sleep, when you fart. I actually know that you want to fart even before the thought crosses your brain. My casa es tu casa" he winks.
"Oh my God Jimmy that was both gross and spooky and the Spanish thing was ...lets just say out of place. By the way blonde checking you out nine o'clock" I inform him gesturing for him to look at the gorgeous fair-haired girl who is undressing him with her eyes.
"Been there done her and it's eight o'clock. God you suck as a wingman" he shakes his head.
"Ella? Ella Cameron?" a man in a suit calls me interrupting our playful banter.

"Yes?" I look at him and I am immediately struck by his handsomeness. Tall, toned and masculine. He is elegant in his designer clothes and has a formal tone. Not my type but he is undeniable handsome.
"Hello. I am Nicholas. Nicholas Ferguson" he extends his hand and I shake it.
"Nice to meet you. Ella Cameron" I smile awkwardly.
"Can we talk somewhere more quiet?" he asks in a professional manner.
"Yeah. Let's go at the back where the staff take their break. Don't expect an office or anything, just a worn bench" I warn him and he nods.
I tell Jimmy that I will have my break and I can see that he is already eyeing Nicholas from head to toes obviously in protective mode already.
Soon I lead him at the back and close the heavy door behind me.
"Is it OK if I smoke?" he asks politely.
"Sure, no problem" I say and he takes a cigarette out of his Cartier packet. He lights it and inhales.
"So you must have several questions" he says as he notices me fiddling with my fingers.
"I do actually"
"Well let me answer a few before you ask"
"OK"
"We noticed you when you accompanied Chase Crawford to one of the shows"
"Last March...yeah. I remember"
"We are looking for fresh faces, healthy girls for our next photoshoot" he exhales the poisonous smoke and continues.
"It's not the clothes line. It's the bag line. We are aiming at the twenty something age group. We want to promote the town girl image and I think you are perfect for the job" he smiles.
"And I know you don't have a book or experience but I have an eye for these things and so far I am doing pretty well" he smirks.
"Well you have covered most of my questions but I have a couple more" I say like the smartass that I am.
"Shoot" he says taking another drag from the slim venom.
Suddenly the door opens and the music pumping is heard again.
"Hey, emmm...everything OK here" Jimmy asks once again observing Nicholas.
"Yeah. I'm fine Jimmy" I tell him my heart swollen by the love I feel for this boy who always has my back.
"I will be back in five" he sends him a warning look.
"Or Ed might come" he says before he closes the door behind him.
"So I see you come your own security I see" he chuckles.
"Please continue"
"Why did you want to meet here and not your office?" I lean my head slightly in question.
"I wanted to see you in your natural habitat" he laughs.
"Girls tend to change attitude once they step inside the office. I have been watching you for a while before I talked to you. I wanted to make sure that the positive energy you exude is real"
"And?"
"Let's just say I am happy with what I see"
"Listen Ella. Let's talk business. Come to my office tomorrow at 3pm. I will have the photographer there, we will take a few shots, see the outcome and then we'll talk money. I can asure you that it will be worth your time" he says affirmatively.
"Deal?"
"Deal"
"OK let's get back in before your security guy comes looking for me" he says confidently.
"It's Jimmy"
"Excuse me?" He turns to me as he opens the door.
"My friend's name is Jimmy. He is a model like Chase" I say bothered by the way he referred to my best friend.
"I know exactly who he is. I know my job Ella" he tells me as we move inside the bright lights and the deafening music.

******************************
So here is the second part of the update. I hope I will update again soon. Forgive spelling mistakes. I wrote this on my phone xxx
Exciting things coming up!
Don't forget to comment and vote. Come on it takes a second ❤❤❤