Chapter 7-Falling

"Nick is dead."

"Nick is dead."

"Nick is dead."

The words rang through Harry's head like a loud never ending bell.

"W-what?" He couldn't believe his ears.

He cried, his legs feeling like jelly and his heart shattering into tiny pieces as he tried to make out what Zayn said. He fell to his knees on the cold sidewalk hands covering his face shaking violently.

"Nick, he died" Zayn said making his way over to comfort Harry, sitting next to him and patting his back gently.

Harry flinched at Zayn's touch not being used to the gentle gesture from his cousin that he knew he hated. He turned around to empty all the contents of his stomach on to the floor. 

"H-how," Harry sniffled when he finished vomitting "How did Nick d-die?" His voice broke at the thought. He really didn't expect this to be happening.

Yes he loved Louis, more than anything! But the thing is he's been with Nick for years and no matter how much Nick hurt his heart, he would not lie and say he didn't love him because he did!

Around that time Nick was his everything, he was the only person before Louis that Harry truely loved. His very first love.

It was impossible for him not to!

"He was murdered," Zayn said starting to choke up as he talked, more tears spilling out of his eyes, his face turning red. "They found him laying in an ally, on Main, and assumed he was bleeding to death-"

Harry's head shot up from hid hands to meet Zayns wet red eyes from crying.

"W-wait!" Harry said in disbelief "You- he was here? Why was he here? Wait better yet, why are you here? Harry was babbling.

"Slow down, slow down, I'll explain" Zayn cut in.

"Well, after you moved here Nick and I were a total wreck. We just felt so guilty for what happened on the stupid, drunken night. We just wanted to take everything back, to apologize."

Harry rolled his eyes in annoyance at the things he heard over and over before, but motion Zayn to continue telling the story.

"I decided that we should do something about the whole...erm... situation when I found Nick in his room crying his eyes out and puking. I felt so bad for ruining your relationship. We knew that we had to go say sorry to you, he wanted you to take him back so badly."

Harry felt a penge of guilt in his stomach when he realized all the stress he must've caused Nick. He soon felt vomit coming up again.

"So I called Niall and he told us that you decided to move to France with him, but don't be mad at Niall. He didn't know what we were planning."

Harry nodded, a bit shocked that Nick would go through these lengths just to see him. He didn't understand. NICK BROKE UP WITH HIM. He forgave Nick. Nothing made sense at this point, Harry's head was spinning.

"So we packed our bags and headed here. We decided to look for you when we were settled in.  But as soon as we got there Nick wanted to go out to find you so so he could apologize. I tried to convince him to stay in because we didn't have your address but, he kept pleading and crying. So, I let him go and... He never came back" 

Zayn choked out a sob at the last of his words.

"Did anyone have a lead on who could've done it?" Harry asked wiping his eyes.

"No, the only thing the police told me was that they found him on the floor of an ally laying on the ground with his blood drained. They couldn't guess any logical explaination of why or how this happened."

Blood drained?  Harry thought. Oh my god no, please no. Couldn't be, this is not happening...maybe it was someone else. I just have to make sure.

"I-I have to go, bye Zayn." Harry said getting up before Zayn could respond.

                                                                     ♥

"Louis!" Harry said running in to his home, knowing that Louis would be there. He ran into his room to find Louis on his bed sleeping. Harry stopped and stared at the sight, what was he doing? 

He couldn't just wake Louis up and accuse him for something he probably didn't do. He just couldn't think of Louis killing someone! He couldn't he just loved him too much. He had to find a way to work it in and maybe if Louis did do it, he would tell him. 

Harry took off his shoes and his leather jacket and crawled in to bed next to his boyfriend. He nuzzled his face in the side of Louis' neck and pressed a kiss to his cheek. He blushed when Louis grinned in his sleep at the feeling of the kiss.

The vampire's eyes shot open and looked to the side, he made a toothy smile when he saw his boyfriend next to his side. Harry drowned into the sight of his powder baby blue eyes. He stared at him through his thick pretty eyelashes. 

"What are you doing back, mon amour? I thought you'd be with Niall-" Louis sat up to wrap his hand around Harry's waist and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Oh my god! Baby, what happened? why are you crying?" Louis said startled when he saw his boyfriend's eyes red and dark rimmed. 

"Well I just found out my ex-boyfriend died and my cousin Zayn, the one he cheated on me with, is here in France." Louis sat up fully and moved Harry on his lap using his vampire strength.

"Chérie, I'm so sorry." Louis said kissing Harry's neck softly. "I wish I could make it better." 

"The thing is Louis..." Harry started, not very sure where he was going to take this with out offending the love of his life. "Nick was killed by a vampire."