Straight?

Straight?

The way his teeth shine alongside his complexion. The colour of his eyes or the way his eye brows furrow when i speak showing his interest, like he was hanging off of every word.

His hair in the wind, even when its short he still has the handsome wisp to it. Never dull or flat but luscious.

Devilled eyes staring back at me as i fought for the sentence my muddled mind was trying to create.

"...What did you want to tell me?' I could see his eyebrows curving as he patiently waited for my response. His lower lip being brought between his teeth after a while of ongoing silence.

"...Uh," i stuttered. I knew the moment was just right. I could confess my love for him. He'd return the confession and we'd live happily ever after, in our big house with two children. Adopted of course.

"Stop messing with my head, what is it?" He giggled, nudging my shoulder in encouragement.

"Its just..." I looked down at my hands. Then picked at my nails as they sat on my lap. Trying to form a distraction that clearly wasn't working..

"Just...?" He repeated. He took my hands and moved them away forcing my eyes to ease up to his breath- taking face. "Just? Just what?"

I took in a deep breath. This was more heart wrenching then i thought. If he didn't feel the same i'd be heart broken. Unable to live knowing how embarrassing this moment could end. The shoulder weights were slowly decreasing as the corner of his mouth curved into a smirk.

"Its just that...i'm happy were friends." I choked out.

"Friends? More like brothers." He added with a smile.

My heart slowly broke with those words. To think that he would acknowledge me as more than a friend was foolish. How could i trick myself into thinking that.

He had a girlfriend. And i had a crush on my best friend. The only issue is he was straight and i was a guy.