That One Call

That one call

"So will you?"

"Of course." I smiled at my boyfriend of seven years. He was kneeling before me with a beautiful engagement ring in hand.

"May i?" He cooed as he tugged at my left hand. I simply nodded knowing my voice would crack from an overload of excitement. He pushed the ring to rest on my finger, decorating the skin with the added accessory.

Single tears took their turns rolling down my heated cheeks as he stood and encircled me in a tight embrace.

"I love you so much. You have always been the one for me, and you always will be. Theres no doubt in my mind that we're going to live happily ever after-" He ramble on.

"Oh just shut up and kiss me." I demanded. He complied to my request in a matter of second. The familiar feeling of his lips moving against mine took place. The perfect recipe for our odd combination.

He pulled apart and rested his forehead against mine. "Who should we tell first?" He questioned looking into my eyes, as if searching my soul for the answer.

"My parents are going to freak out. I already know my moms going to want to help out with the wedding planning...and my dad, oh my dads going to be thrilled. He's been nagging me about how you're a really great guy, as if i didn't already know that." I complimented earning a wide smile. His nose brushed mine as he spoke. "Lets tell them then."

He swept his strong arm under my legs throwing me into his chest as he carried me bridal fashioned into the living room.

"I cant believe this is actually happening- we're actually happening"

"Well believe it Babe, because it is."

I giggled as i imagined my parents response; pure joy mixed in with excitement and relief.

I reached for the phone and it started to ring before i could type anything in. Instantly i looked at my new fiancé but he just shrugged and motioned for me to answer.

"Hello?"

"Hello, can i speak to (Y/N)?"

"Speaking." I stated my voice quivering from the familiar accent sending through the receiving end.

"This is the emergency wing at the 467 hospital. I regret to inform you, there's been an accident-"

"W-what?" I stuttered, my excitement quickly evaporating with the new incite.

"Mr. and Mrs. (Y/L/N) have been in a collision off the highway-"

"Are they hurt?"

As i spoke i noticed my fiancés hold tense as his brows knit together in concern. I lifted my index finger at him signalling for him to stay quiet as i waited for the doctors response.

"I'm sorry. There were no survivors."