Marley

Marley

The autumn wind blew throughout the park. Pushing your hair out of your face and leaving it to stray down your back as you clutched the thick leash in your hand trying to tame the golden dog at the end of the band.

Your free hand nudged the maroon sweater for heat and in that slightest second the retriever had spotted something.

The golden fur pulled you off balance. Directing your limp body down a path.

Both your hands grabbed the rope trying to hold the dog still but he used his might to pull you down the path.

Your feet carrying you along with his soundless demand.

"Marley! Marley stop it!"  You shouted but to no avail as the animal continued to lead.

The bushes passing you soon stopped as a new path crossed with yours.

"Marley!" You continued to screech but the dog didn't slow.

Your intent eyes flickered around the gravelled floor making sure you wouldn't trip over your own foot and end up getting dragged by the devilish dog.

Your movements abruptly stopped as you came crashing into a wall. One with a strong grip on your forearm.

"Excuse me" you heard the deep voice announce. Irritation being the only tone used.

"Damit, Marley." You thought to yourself. Muffled sorries taking its place as the strange looked down at you.

His curly locks hid the sun for a short moment before he moved causing the bright skies to shine through his prominent features.

"It was all me." He apologized.

Your eyebrows knit together as you looked up at his tall figure. "No, really. It was me." You interrupted.

His emerald eyes blinked a few times as he looked over your face. You even caught his eye roaming your body before he spoke. "No. I should have been looking. Let me make it up to you." 

"Its fine"

"The least i could do is get this adorable dog and his beautiful owner something to drink." He nervously chuckled at the last bit.

"I think we're fine." You said looking down at Marley who had decided to stay patiently sitting.

"I insist. A hot cup of coffee wont hurt anybody."

"Tea actually" you said just above a whisper. Your eyes easing up to the tall, attractive male before you.

"Alright, tea ... I know a place."