Chapter 17

(Luke's POV)

I stand in front of the door, frozen with guilt and pain. How could I have done that to her? This jealousy thing isn't going to work. I'm hurting Taylor, not making her jealous. Why did I have to kiss Emily? I've ruined everything.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and hear a quiet laugh coming from behind me.

"Everything is going according to plan" Emily whispers in my ear.

"We need to talk" I turn around and walk upstairs, turning around to make sure Emily is following.

"I'm calling this off. It's not doing anything but hurting Taylor and that's not what I want."

"You're wrong. She's not hurt; she's jealous. I'm a girl. Trust me. This is working"

"I don't know. I need to think about this some more. I'll let you know tomorrow but I think you should leave since Taylor's not here anymore" Emily looks slightly hurt by me making her leave because it seems like I'm using her. But technically I am. It was her idea though. Ugh, who have I become? Using a girl to make another girl jealous is something I thought I would never do.

Emily leaves my room but I stay. Falling back onto my bed, my thoughts cloud with a sniffling Taylor standing in front of me. She was on the verge of tears and I wanted nothing more than to hug her tightly and wipe her tears away. But I couldn't. Because I was the cause of those tears. And that kills me.

I end up staying in my room the rest of the night, debating whether I should call Taylor and tell her about the plan or keep the plan going and see if maybe it'll end up working. I fall asleep mid-debate and never decide on a choice.

_~_

(Taylor's POV)

"Are you sure you're fine with going to the boys' house? It won't make you upset to be around Luke?" Amanda asks me for the 5th time during our walk to the 5sos house

"For the fifth time, I'll be fine. It'll suck but I need to be the bigger person. I want to hang out with my friends I'm not letting this ruin my summer" I reply. The truth is though, if I don't get answers soon this whole situation will consume me and it will end up ruining my summer. I need to confront Luke today and ask him straight up what's going on.

We walk into the boys' house and spot Michael and Ashton sitting in the kitchen eating cereal.

"Where's Luke?"

"In his room I think" Ashton replies with a mouth full of Lucky Charms.

I walk up the stairs and hear voices coming from Luke's room. I put my hand on the doorknob but stop myself from turning it when I hear a pretty heated discussion between Luke and Calum coming from behind the door. Against my better judgment, I press my ear to the door and eavesdrop.

"Mate what is going on with Emily? I thought you like Taylor?"

"I do like Taylor. I'm only pretending to be with Emily to make Taylor jealous"

"That's not cool Luke. Couldn't you see how hurt she was yesterday?"

"Emily said Taylor wasn't hurt. She was jealous. The plan is working"

I remove my ear from the door so I don't hear the rest of the conversation.

Luke is scheming behind my back? With Emily? Of course I was jealous yesterday but I was fucking hurt. I was on the verge of tears in front of him. Well, if he wants jealousy I'll give him jealousy. But it won't be coming from me. Two can play at this game.

I walk back downstairs, slightly pissed but slightly relieved now that I know what's going on. I'm still unsure as to why he felt like he needed to make me jealous when I obviously like him but I can figure that out later.

"You guys okay now?" Michael asks as I enter the living room.

"I didn't get to talk to him. I had to pee" I lie and take a seat on a couch.

Luke and Calum walk downstairs and my eyes lock with Luke's but I quickly change my gaze to look at Calum.

"Cal, sit next to me!" I motion him over and he looks at Luke before sitting down beside me.

I cuddle into him and his body stiffens. Calum looks down at me confused and I smile back at him.

Luke sits down on the couch across from mine and taps furiously at his phone. 20 minutes later the doorbell rings and Luke opens it, walking back with Emily.

They walk hand in hand to the couch Luke was previously sat at and I glare at them, Emily smirks and Luke returns my glare. The tension in the room is building up, making the air in the room incredibly thick and uncomfortable.

"Movie?" Michael suggests and we all agree.

"Let's watch The Little Rascals!" I suggest. I know it's a weird movie to be a favorite but it's my favorite movie.

"That movie is so old and the entire cast is 5 year old kids. Shouldn't we watch something more geared towards teenagers and not preschoolers?" Emily remarks

"It's her favorite movie" Luke defends me. Emily gives me a weird look, probably mad that he backed me up. I don't understand why though, he obviously doesn't care about my feelings.

I simply nod my head and wait for someone else to speak.

"I love The Little Rascals, its such a cute movie!" Amanda says. Michael hops over to the DVD player and puts the disc in. Emily sighs in defeat as the main screen for The Little Rascals comes to life on the screen.

I watch this movie all the time and I can quote almost every line. I always find myself talking along with the movie, completely immersed in the story.

"Quick, what's the number for 9-1-1?" I whisper along with Buckwheat

"Is she going to talk the entire movie?" Emily whines and my cheeks burn with embarrassment.

"Aw, Emily calm down. I think it's cute" Calum smiles at me and my blush deepens.

"Thank you Cal" I giggle and kiss him on the cheek.

Luke coughs loudly and I turn my head towards him, just in time to see him snake his arm around Emily and see Emily place her hand on Luke's thigh.

Luke smirks at me as he pulls Emily closer. Emily squeezes his thigh and kisses him on the neck, lingering for a few seconds.

My body fills with anger, causing me to act on impulse. I grab Calum's face, pull it to mine and kiss him hard on the mouth. His body goes rigid as he contemplates what to do. I thread my fingers into his hair and feel his arms wrap around my waist.

I pull away and look at Luke. His eyes are wide and his mouth is gaped open. His expression morphs into pure anger as he leaps off of his couch and tackles Calum, bringing both of them to the ground.

Luke punches Calum square in the jaw and then again in his stomach.

"WHAT THE FUCK LUKE" Calum yells as he punches Luke in the chest.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY FUCKING GIRL" Luke yells in reply

"LUKE" I scream. Luke stops his arm mid-punch and stares at me. His eyes are full of an emotion I can't figure out and its scaring me.

"Come with me" I walk to the stairs and wait for Luke to get up. He does and meets me there. I look at him and see his knuckles and nose are bleeding. Sighing, I climb the stairs and lead him to the upstairs bathroom.

"What the hell was that, Taylor?" Luke asks as I hand him a wet cloth to wash his wounds with.

"I kissed Calum" I reply shortly

"I saw that. Why?"

"Because I wanted to"

"Why would you ever want to kiss Calum?" Luke's voice is laced sadness

"Why would you ever want to kiss Emily?" I retort.

Luke opens his mouth to speak, but closes it. I take his silence as an opportunity to talk.

"I know about your plan with Emily to make me jealous"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"I heard you and Calum talking about it this morning don't even try to lie to me, Luke"

"You eavesdropped on our conversation?" I see Luke getting mad again but I don't try to hold back. I'm pretty pissed myself.

"It was an accident"

"Sticking your ear to a fucking door and listening to a conversation doesn't happen by fucking accident."

"That's not the point! You went behind my back and schemed with someone I hate! You deliberately set out to hurt me and I don't even know why!"

"How did I hurt you? We're just friends"

"How are we just friends? The things we've done together are not things friends do"

"I completely agree."

"Then why do you keep saying that we're just friends?"

"Because you did first."

"No I didn't. What are you talking about, Luke?" What is going on?

"Yes you did. Emily said you told her that on the beach. You said we were just friends and that's why she tried to get you back together with Brian"

"And you believed her?"

"I have no reason not to" Luke states while crossing his arms over his chest

"No reason to not believe Emily? Are you serious? After all the things she's done to me? I never said we were just friends! I said that we weren't together yet! She's tried to homewreck us more times than you're aware of."

"You're wrong. You're overreacting. Emily was trying to help me. She said this would make you realize what you're missing"

"You're oblivious, Luke! You let Emily get to your head!"

"You're no better! You've let Emily get to your head too!"

"When?"

"When you kissed me outside of the restaurant! You used me to prove a point to Emily!"

"That's different!"

"How is that different?"

"Because you did what you did out of spite and I did what I did out of love and fear of losing you!" I yell in frustration. I realize what I've just said and clasp a hand over my mouth.

Luke's eyes widen at my words. Oh god, what did I just say? I basically just told him I love him. Do I love him? I wish I could take that back. I was so confused and mad and frustrated. Maybe I do love him. But what if he doesn't love me back? I just made this whole situation worse. Fuck.

"Love? Did you say love?" He takes a step towards me

"No n-no I didn't"

"Taylor, do you love me?" He's so close and his hot breath fans on my face. I back away until my back hits the sink. He steps closer again and closes the space between us.

"Luk-ke. I-I..." I stutter but Luke smashing his lips on mine cuts me off. I wrap my arms around his neck and he lifts me onto the sink counter. I wrap my legs around his waist, pulling him closer. The kiss is so sweet and passionate and I'm breathless by the end of it.

Luke pulls away and rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you, Taylor" Luke whispers

I surprise myself by replying without a second of hesitation, "I love you, Luke"

____________________________________________________________

hello! this chapter made me so happy, i was smiling so hard writing the end (obviously not the beginning/middle bc Luke was brainwashed and Emily is a bitch oops lol)

BUT! Luke and Taylor are back and better than ever!! and they used the "L" word aw

vote/comment/share this story with your friends!!! i love your comments it makes me so happy to see your feedback! i'm glad you guys are enjoying the story!

ps i changed the cover again but this time i made it and i'm really happy with it! i think it looks really nice, tell me what you think of my cover???

also i finally added Emily into the character list! i picture her as ana golja from degrassi she plays the mean girl zoe idk i saw like one episode from this season and i thought she seemed perfect for the role. do you guys approve?

any predictions for the future? also ship name suggestions for luke and taylor? i'm thinking "take" but idk

if you have any suggestions for future storylines dont hesitate to message me! if i like it ill consider finding a way to put it in!

follow me on twitter- @snowmanluke

until next time, ily all so much!!!!