The Party (Part 2)

"Well, actually, I missed a spot" Luke says

"Where?" I ask and in seconds I feel Luke's lips on mine. The kiss is quick and ends before I have time to react.

"I'm uh gonna wash up in Calum's bathroom. You can uh use mine" Luke stutters and rushes out of the room. I stand there and watch Luke leave the room, frozen in my spot. I try to process what just happened. Luke kissed me. I bring my fingers to my lips and touch the icing that was once on Luke's lips. I realize my face is still covered in cake and go to the bathroom to clean off. I splash water in my face and dry my face with a washcloth. I manage to salvage some of my makeup so I still look presentable. I think of the kiss and a ball of heat forms in my stomach. My thinking is impaired due to the amount of alcohol I've drunk and my brain can't handle any heavy thinking.

I walk out of the bathroom and see Luke sitting on the bed. He looks up at me and stands up.

"Taylor, I..." I walk towards him and cut him off my putting my lips on his. It was impulsive kiss but it feels so right. He places his hands on my lower back and my entire body heats up. I lace my fingers in his hair, the kiss becoming more passionate. Our lips move together and I tug on his hair. Luke moans and pulls me closer, removing all space between us. There's a knock on the door and I jump.

"Guys, you almost cleaned up? Calum is passed out and Michael has gone crazy, Ashton and I need your help shutting the party down" Amanda says from behind the door

"We'll be out in a minute." I answer; my eyes on Luke.

Amanda opens the door and Luke and I walk out with her to help get everyone out.

It takes about half an hour to get everyone to leave but we finally cleared everyone out. Ashton, Amanda, Luke and I clean up the house while Calum and Michael lay on the couch, passed out from too much alcohol.

"It's pretty late. Why don't you guys just stay the night? You can sleep in Calum's room since he blacked out on the couch." Ashton suggests as we throw out the last of the red cups.

Amanda and I lay down in Calum's bed and she falls asleep immediately. I stare at the ceiling for about an hour, thinking about Luke and the kiss and what's going to happen in the morning, until I fall asleep.

(Luke's POV)

"I thought I told you to slow down" I smirk at Taylor who is bent over the keg to refill her cup.

"I thought you were with Emily" Taylor replies

"Not my type" I shrug. Or because I only want you.

"Darn" Taylor frowns.

"HEY GUYS. IT'S TIME TO SING HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUKE AND AMANDA!" Michael yells and sets the cakes on the counter. I take my position behind the cake beside Amanda and watch the drunk guests sing a slurred "Happy Birthday."

Amanda and I blow out the candles and I make a wish. I wish Taylor would be mine.

"Mmm. This cake smells so good" Taylor says and I look at her. She's so weird

"Really?" I ask and she nod. I bend down to smell the cake. Taylor pushes my head down and my face sinks into the cake.

"I'm so sorry, Luke. It was really tempting" Taylor giggles and turns around to get a napkin. I pick up the cake and smash it in Taylor's face when she turns back around.

"I'm so sorry, Taylor. It was really tempting" I mock her with the biggest smirk on my face.

"Go clean yourselves up before you start a food fight" Amanda demands and shoots a glare at Ashton who has a handful of chips. He mutters an apology and puts the chips back into the bowl.

Taylor and I run up the stairs and into my bedroom. Taylor looks into the mirror and gasps.

"Oh my God, Luke. We look ridiculous. We need to take a picture." Taylor says

"Way ahead of you" I reply and pull my phone out of my pocket. I open the camera app and we take a couple pictures making different faces. I quickly set one of them as my background.

"I can't believe you shoved a cake in my face" I laugh

"I can't believe you retaliated. My entire face is covered in cake" Taylor says and turns to face me. We're standing inches apart and she has to tilt her head up to look at me. The moment we make eye contact I feel my cheeks redden. But in my slightly drunken state, I feel extremely confident.

"Well, actually, I missed a spot" I say, staring at her lips.

"Where?" Taylor asks. Instead of answering I kiss her. I catch her completely off guard and I regret kissing her almost immediately.

"I'm uh gonna wash up in Calum's bathroom. You can uh use mine" I stutter and bolt out of the room.

"What the fuck did you just do?" I say to myself, staring at my cake-covered face in the mirror.

I wash the cake off my face and walk back into my room. Taylor is still washing up so I sit on my bed, dreading what she is going to say when she comes out.

Taylor walks out of the bathroom and I prepare myself for the rejection. I decide to apologize, maybe if I do she'll think it was just an "in the moment" drunk impulse.

"Taylor, I..." I begin to say but am cut off my Taylor placing her lips on mine. Taylor just kissed you, do something. I place my hands on Taylor's lower back and she tangles her fingers into my hair. She tugs on my hair and I moan in pleasure, pulling her closer to me and closing all and any space between us. There's a knock on the door and Taylor jumps. She pulls away and I silently curse whoever is behind the door.

"Guys, you almost cleaned up? Calum is passed out and Michael has gone crazy, Ashton and I need your help shutting the party down" Amanda says from behind the door

"We'll be out in a minute." Taylor answers, her eyes locked on mine.

Taylor and I walk out with Amanda and try to get everyone to leave.

It takes about half an hour to get everyone to leave but we finally cleared everyone out. It takes about another half an hour to clean up the house. It would probably take shorter if Calum and Michael weren't blacked out on the couch.

"It's pretty late. Why don't you guys just stay the night? You can sleep in Calum's room since he blacked out on the couch." Ashton suggests as we throw out the last of the red cups.

We all say good night and I collapse onto my bed. I lie there thinking about what happened. She was drunk; she had a lot to drink. She won't remember any of this in the morning. If she does remember, she'll regret it and blame it on her alcohol consumption. This was too good to be true.

I settle on believing that the kiss didn't mean anything to her. But I have a feeling I might be wrong.

________________________________________________________

hello! super long chapter but its my favorite so far!!

i hope you guys are enjoying it so far ((thats assuming i actually have loyal readers bc none of you talk to me hahah)) but im really enjoying writing it!!

what do you guys think of the kiss?? kisses??

please comment/vote!! i would really love to see your feedback

follow me on twitter & tweet me ((be my friend)) @snowmanluke