Chapter 30

(Taylor’s POV)

The past few days have been weird. Ever since I came home from work and found Luke sleeping in my bed, he’s been acting a little off. I knew he had to have been upset about something so I gave him his space to cool off but he still hasn’t told me what happened yet like I expected him to. I know that just because we’re dating doesn’t mean we have to tell each other everything but whatever it was clearly pissed him off and I really thought he would want to vent to me about it. I haven’t seen Sean since the fight at Meltdown and I’m not sure if I should go see how he’s doing. Luke would be so mad at me if I did and it might give Sean the wrong idea. I’m sure I’ll see him eventually; it’s a small island.

I hop off my bike and lock it to the bike rake, then walk up the steps to Meltdown. When I walk in I see Tyler standing behind the counter. Tyler is one of my coworkers but I rarely have shifts with him, I usually work with Brittany. Tyler is my age and goes to my school; we were never really friends but we’ve gotten closer since he started working here 2 summers ago.

“Hey, Ty, where’s Brittany?” I ask as I tie my apron behind my back

“Too hungover” Tyler chuckles “looks like you’re stuck with me” He winks and I playfully pull a disgusted face

“What’s the latest buzz?” Tyler knows everything that goes on about anybody.

“Brian was telling me last night about these two guys fighting over a girl” Tyler fakes a gasp at his drama

“You’re friends with Brian?” I raise my eyebrow, unaware of their friendship

“Yeah, we met the same day he asked you out. I knew he was just using me to get to you but he stuck around after you ended things with him. I know he was a dick to you but he’s actually a good guy”

“You don’t need to explain you being friends with him, but tell me about this fight!”

“Well, you know Sean Dillon, right?” my eyes widen, this story is about me. Interested with what has been going around, I nod nonchalantly and let Tyler continue.

“Yeah, so Sean has been pining over this guy’s girl for weeks. They got into a fight and Sean completely took advantage of that and tried to make a move and the guy got fucking pissed. He saw Sean trying to flirt with the girl and punched him in the face. They fought and then they fought again the next day” Tyler tells the story

“The next day? What happened the next day?” I push Tyler to continue

“The guy showed up at Sean’s house to sort things out but Sean refused to agree to back off. So the guy punched Sean in the jaw and Sean threatened to tell the girl about the second fight if he punched him again”

That must’ve been what Luke was so mad about.

“Brian didn’t say who the other guy was? Or the girl?”

“The guy’s name was something with an L. I can’t remember” Tyler shrugs