The Party (Part 1)

(Luke’s POV)

This week has been crazy busy with two birthdays and all the party prep. Wednesday was Amanda’s birthday; we went to the beach and then went to this really nice restaurant for dinner. We tried our best to be well behaved and it was going really went until Calum spilt his water and Michael tripped a waiter who was, thankfully, only carrying an order pad.

Friday was my birthday and it was really laid back. We all woke up pretty late, went to the beach, ordered in pizza and watched movies. It was awesome. Amanda and I haven’t gotten our gifts from Mike, Ash, Taylor or Cal yet because they decided to give them to us Sunday after the party. I find this incredibly annoying but whatever. Apparently I have no say.

_~_

“Are you excited for tonight?” Amanda asks me as we walk to the bakery to pick out cakes

“Yeah, I’m pumped” I reply

We walk into the bakery and look at the shop’s inventory. All the cakes look delicious I can’t pick out just one.

“I want to buy them all” I gape hungrily at the cake display case

“Me too. Let’s get this one! Or this one. Maybe this one” Amanda points at a bunch of cakes and I laugh.

After 15 minutes of deep contemplation we decide on a cheesecake, a red velvet cake and a vanilla cake. We pay for the desserts and exit the bakery.

“So, how are you and Ashton?” I wink at Amanda

“Good. Really good” She blushes

“Good” I reply

“How’s the single life treating you?” She teases

“It’s uh nice I guess” I shrug

“ Any girls here catch your eye?” I don’t know how to answer. Should I tell her? Would she tell Taylor?

“Oh uh, nope” I lie

“Liar” She smirks. Shit, am I really that bad of a liar? “Tell me! Maybe I know her!”

“You know her.” I admit. Oh god, what am I doing?

“Really? Tell me!”

“Yes. But you have to promise to not say anything. Please” I beg

“I promise. Now spill” Amanda grabs my hand and links our pinkies into my pink promise. I roll my eyes at her and take a deep breath

“I like Taylor” I mumble

“Taylor?” Amanda stares