Chapter 27

(Taylor's POV)

"Sean kissed you?!" Amanda gasps. I nod. "Holy shit, what did you do?"

"I pulled away" I did, I'm not technically lying.

"Right away?" Amanda asks

"After a few seconds" I mumble

"Tay, did you kiss him back?"

"A little bit. But once I realized what I was doing I pulled away. But I pulled away immediately the second time!" I defend myself

"There was a second time?" Her eyes widen. The more I explain what happened the more awful I feel

"I was leaving and he grabbed me" I throw my body back against the bed and groan, "This is such a mess"

"I'll be right back" Amanda runs out of the room before I get the chance to ask what she's up to.

(Amanda's POV)

I race my bike from Taylor's house to the boys' house. Taylor is gonna keep messing things up with Luke if she keeps being so naive. Of course Sean wanted to kiss her, she's Taylor god damn Brunner for christ sake. He probably had planned to kiss her the moment he asked her over.

I bang loudly and incessantly until the door is opened.

"Hey babe" Ashton greets me the same time I ask, "Where's Luke?"

"Oh, uh he's in his room" Ashton replies, rubbing the back of his neck

"Thanks" I kiss him quickly and run up the stairs

I barge into Luke's room without knocking and see him sprawled out face down on his bed.

"We need to talk" I state. Luke looks up at me

"I don't feel like it" Luke groans, his face crashing back down to the bed. He won't listen to me, so I say the one thing I know will get his attention.

"Sean kissed Taylor" I blurt out. Luke's whole body jumps up from his laid down position and soon he's on his feet standing in front of me.

"Wh-what did you s-say?" Luke's voice cracks

"Sean kissed Taylor. Twice. You shut her out yesterday, Sean found her bawling on the sidewalk, because of you might I add, he invited her over, they watched a movie, he kissed her, she tried to leave, he tried convince her to leave you and kissed her again"

"What?" Luke's eyes are wide and filled with hurt. I feel incredibly bad about this but he needs tough love.

"You heard me. If you keep ignoring Taylor you're gonna lose her"

"I don't wanna lose, Tay. I can't lose her" Luke whispers, shaking his head

"So go win her" I grab his shoulders and stare at him. He nods

"Where is she?"

"At work. We should..." I start but Luke is already out the door.

Luke hops on his bike and speeds to the ice cream shop. He goes so fast it's hard to keep up. When we get there, Luke throws his bike to the side and runs up the stairs. I sigh and grab his bike and bring it to the bike rack. When I finish locking both bikes is when I hear the scream.

(Luke's POV)

I chuck my bike to the curb, not giving a shit about what happens to it. I only have one thought right now, one care in the world: Taylor. I was so stupid to shut her out. Especially when there's a fucking million guys who would gladly take my place.

I throw the door open and see Taylor talking to someone. She seems incredibly uncomfortable but the person she's talking doesn't seem to get the hint.