Chapter 4

(Taylor's POV)

I run into my room in a state of panic. I'm going to the beach with boys. BOYS. I yank open my closet and pick out my cutest bathing suit. I step into my bathroom, wash my face, reapply my concealer and apply waterproof mascara. I used to be skeptical about waterproof mascara but the one I use literally takes days to come off. It works almost too well. I take one last glance in the mirror; grab my sunglasses and my phone and head out the door to the beach.

When I get to the beach I don't see Amanda or the boys and I smile to myself. Wow, am I the first one to be ready? This is a proud moment in my life. I head off to look for a spot when I hear someone calling my name.

"Taylor! Over here!" I turn around to see Ashton and Amanda waving me down. They were sitting with everyone else, meaning I was the last one to be ready. Well, it was nice while it lasted. I smile in their direction so they know I see them and jog over to my friends.

"Hey guys, sorry I took so long. When I didn't see you guys I actually thought I was first for once; I was wrong" I laugh and take a seat next to Luke.

"That's alright. Hello, slowpoke" Luke elbows my side playfully.

I elbow him back "Hi Luke"

"Let's put some music on yeah?" Calum reaches into his bag, pulls out speakers, plugs his phone in, and starts playing music.

"I fucking love this song!" Michael springs up from his towel and starts screaming the lyrics to Dammit by Blink-182. The other boys get up as well and join Michael. I look at Amanda and shrug. We both stand up and sing along. So here I am, dancing around and singing like a lunatic in a public beach. Usually, I would feel horribly self-conscious about doing anything remotely like this, where people can look at me and judge me. But these boys bring out a side of me I wish more people got to see: my crazy, wild, carefree side. In public, I find it hard to be like that because of my crippling fear of rejection. I don't know why I'm so terrified of being judged, but I am.

When the song ends we are all laughing hysterically at the scene we just caused. I look over my shoulder and see a middle-aged couple staring at me, but the looks don't bother me. I'm so happy right now I won't let a stranger's judgments bother me. It feels good.

"Wanna go for a swim?" Amanda suggests and we all skip to the ocean.

After about an hour of wave jumping and splashing, we walk back to the towels and lie down. In a matter of minutes, all 6 of us are asleep.

I wake up and check my phone. I've been asleep for half an hour. I sit up and see Luke is also awake.

"Hey" I whisper

"Wanna go for a walk?" Luke asks me and I nod.

"So tell me about this band of yours." Luke starts telling the tale of his band 5 Seconds of Summer. It started out as just him making crappy YouTube covers. Then, Michael joined, followed soon after by Calum. The three of them continued to make covers on Luke's channel until they realized if they wanted to get serious they needed a drummer. That's where Ashton came in. They have a few songs out and have built up a loyal fanbase back home.

I watched Luke as he spoke; he talked with such passion about his band. He really loves what he does.

"What about you, got any passions or talents?" Luke asks me and suddenly I'm in the hot seat.

"I love to dance. And I sing and play guitar. I'm no good at any of them though"

"Bullshit"

"Excuse me?"

Luke stops abruptly and looks me in the eyes

"I'm sure you're fantastic at all of those things. I'd love to hear you play sometime" He smiles down at me and I can't help but blush

"Maybe one day you can" I smile at him once more and continue walking.

We walk back to our spot and see everyone was still asleep.

"They're gonna burn. They haven't moved in almost 2 hours. How the hell are they still sleeping?" Luke laughs and I look at him with a smirk.

"What?"

"I know how to wake them up" I wink at Luke and walk over to the two little girls playing in the sand near us. I ask to quickly borrow two of their buckets and they hand me them.

I walk over to the ocean, fill up the buckets with water and walk back to a confused Luke and a sleeping Amanda, Calum, Ashton and Michael. I hand a bucket to Luke and point at our sleeping friends. He figures out my plan and a huge smile creeps on his face.

"On three. One..."

"Two..."

"THREE!" We scream together and dump the buckets of ocean water on our friends.

"What the fuck!"

"Shit!"

"OH MY GOD"

"God damn!"

Amanda, Ashton, Calum and Michael scream and look up at Luke and I, who are laughing our heads off.

"Why did you do that?!" Amanda sends daggers my way but all it does is send me into more laughing fits

"You were gonna burn from laying on the same side for too long! Luke and I thought we would help you guys out" I chuckle, trying my best to smirk and hold back giggles.

"And it worked, because now you can turn over! You're welcome" Luke smirks

"Dick" Calum grunts. Luke and I laugh and high-five each other.

"Lets go back to our place. Pizza and a movie?" Calum suggests. Hearing the word "pizza" causes my stomach to grumble. Its 5pm and somehow we forgot to eat lunch. Needless to say, I was starving.

"Sounds perfect, I'm so hungry" I say. I text my mom to tell her my whereabouts and we all pack up our stuff and head to the 5sos beach house.

Michael orders the pizza as we all change into our clothes and out of our bathing suits.

30 minutes later the pizza arrives and the movie has been selected. I walk into the living room where everyone is seated and decide to sit on the couch next to Luke.

10 minutes into the movie I yawn.

"Tired?" Luke looks at me and smiles.

"No, I'm fine" I yawn again and Luke laughs

Halfway through the movie my eyelids started to get heavy. I gave into my fatigue and let myself fall asleep on Luke's shoulder.

_____________________________________________________

Hi! Taylor and Luke are quite cheeky aren't they? they make quite a pair ;) anyway, i really liked this chapter, did you? leave a comment and tell me whatcha think so far!!

thank you to my readers, y'all rock

100 reads???? that is literally insane i started writing this YESTERDAY ((well, technically 2 days ago its 3:15 am oops)) BUT omg i honestly its just crazy, thank you!!

what do you guys think?? is there a future for taylor and luke??

comment and vote, i really wanna hear what you guys think! i take requests and try to do my best to incorporate them. feedback is always appreciated :)

follow me on twitter- @snowmanluke