Epilogue

Taylor and Luke tried to keep in touch. The first month worked out perfectly; Luke would text her in the morning before he went to sleep and before she went to bed when he woke up. It was a strong system, but it eventually started to weaken.Tour rehearsals and research papers started to get in the way. Everyday turned into every other day, then once a week, once every other week, once a month, then never. The communication faded but the love never did.

Luke wrote songs about Taylor, inspiration coming from memories and reminders of their summer together. Wherever You Are was about their last day together at the airport and everyday after that. Amnesia was written one day when Luke was scrolling through the camera roll on his phone and discovered all the pictures he took in LBI that summer. Beside You was how Luke spent his long plane ride to London, when he remembered that the last plane ride he took was the one that flew him away from Taylor.

Taylor abandoned her dream of being a teacher to wanting to become a studio manager. Seeing Luke's dream come true inspired her, making her want to help other aspiring musicians' dreams come true as well.

After the summer, Sean kept his promise. He showed up to Taylor's door after school one day with flowers. Taylor had been trying to call Luke that day and he wasn't answering, leaving her distraught. Depressed and flattered by Sean's romantic gesture and willingness to drive the hour and a half, Taylor invited him in. The house was empty, they were alone and after a few hours of catching up and laughing they ended up in the bedroom. They had sex; Taylor tried to enjoy it but she couldn't get the thought of Luke's touch out of her head. But, after a while of Sean coming over on the weekends and them having sex, the thought disappeared.

While Taylor was using Sean to help her get over Luke, Luke was refusing girls left and right. There was one night in London where he and the boys went to a club and Luke got incredibly drunk. He was dragged back to a slutty blonde with the worst intentions's apartment. She wasted no time in removing her clothes, and when she reached to unbutton his pants he stopped her. He couldn't do it, her touch made him nauseous. He didn't want anyone else to touch him but Taylor. He ran out of the girl's apartment shirtless and barefoot, clutching the apparel in his hands. Luke cried that night, the first time he cried about Taylor in a month.

The two never truly got over each other. Taylor was masking her feelings by sleeping with Sean and Luke was distracting himself with his music and his rapidly increasing fanbase.

July 2nd was a special day though. It was the day that the Take Me Home Tour came to New Jersey.

Taylor had bought tickets when they first went on sale, in April before the summer she met Luke. She didn't want to go, but she was a huge fan of One Direction and her friend would kill her if she bailed. So she went and was a total wreck when 5 Seconds of Summer was performing. The sound of Luke's voice brought back countless memories. Her seats weren't very good so she couldn't see Luke, but she could if she looked up at the jumbotron. Taylor tried her hardest not to, but she had to. When the cameras were on Luke she saw just how much he changed in the past year. He was more beautiful, his hair was longer and she dreamed that his eyes were bluer.

Luke was a nervous wreck in soundcheck. He remembered Taylor saying she already had tickets purchased for the show when Ashton first gave them the news. He knew she was going to be there in the crowd, at least he was hoping she was if she didn't decide to not go because of their falling out.

Luke saw Taylor after the show by the tour buses. Taylor was waiting for One Direction to come out and Luke was sneaking to his tour bus with the boys. He was in an unmarked car laughing with Michael about the poor girls waiting in the rain for the international popstars that weren't coming through the gate. They all left through a secret door and were driven behind the venue. But then he saw her standing on the fence talking to a girl he presumed was a friend.