Chapter 26

(Taylor’s POV)

I wake up feeling calm, but its short lived. Memories of last night flood my mind, overwhelming me with immense pain. I can’t believe what I did last night, I really screwed up. I turn my phone on, silently praying for a missed call or text from Luke. When it finally turns on, I see I have nothing. No missed call, no text.

To: Luke

We really need to talk

I stare at the blank screen, waiting for it to light up, signaling I have a reply. 10 minutes go by, then 10 more and 10 more. Half an hour later and Luke still hasn’t replied. I check the text and see that Luke read it 20 minutes ago and ignored me.

To: Luke

Please

Another 15 minutes go by, another text read and ignored by Luke. Sighing, I roll out of bed and get ready for work.

(Luke’s POV)

Taylor has sent me two texts in the past hour, which I’ve struggled to ignore. I want to talk to her, but I can’t. What she said really hurt; it struck me like an arrow through the heart. I love her so much but our love isn’t equal. She doesn’t love me as much as I thought she did, as much as I want her to and that blows.

There’s a knock on the door, followed by a tentative Calum who slowly makes his way from behind the door into my room.

“Hey, you okay?” Calum asks me with worried eyes. When I came home last night I went ballistic, the moment I stepped in the house I completely lost it. I was throwing chairs and knocking contents out of shelves and cabinets and when I finally calmed down I started to cry. Loud, aching and painful sobs for hours.

“No, I’m not okay. I miss her” I drop my head in my hands, resting my elbows on my knees as I sit on the edge of my bed.

“Well, what do you wanna do about this, Luke?” Calum sits beside me

“Its not about what I want, she doesn’t love me as much as I love her. She feels suffocated by me and wants space while I feel liberated by her and never wanna be without her. It sucks” I sigh deeply, looking up at Calum for advice

“Its up to you, Luke. If you wanna follow through and give her space then give her space. Your choice” he pats my back and exits my room, leaving me to think.

(Taylor’s POV)

The bell chimes, signaling Brittany’s entrance into the shop. She gives me a friendly wave, to which I weakly return.

“Hey, how’d the talk go?” Brittany asks as she puts on her apron and visor

“Like shit” I laugh sadly. Brittany looks as me puzzled, which I take as a sign to explain further, “Luke got really offended. He got really mad and upset and stormed out of my house before I got to finish and now he’s ignoring me”