Chapter Twenty-Four: Freedom

            Aiden felt someone breathing down on his face but he refused to open his eyes and see who it was. He was exhausted and damn it he planned on sleeping in until it was time to meet up with Darren. Darren hadn’t told them the plans for the week but he’d told them that they would not be meeting up in the morning but rather later in the day.

            “Aiden,” he heard a voice whine. Although he knew it wasn’t his sisters just the tone of the voice reminded him of them and he felt a wave of homesickness pass through him. He opened one eye and peered at Noah’s face watching him intently. Noah looked incredibly immature with a pout on his face.

            “What?”  he groaned.

            “Mason won’t make me food. Can you?” Noah asked.

            “What the hell Noah? No! I’m trying to sleep,” he grumbled and turned over in his bed.

            “Please? I’m stressed. I need to eat,” Noah begged and Aiden hated Noah playing the pity card.

            “Fine,” he mumbled and got up. He glared at Noah who nodded smugly. He looked around and saw that no one else was in the room. “Am I seriously the only one who wanted to sleep in?”

            “No now shut up!” he heard Owen’s voice coming from his own bed. Aiden looked over at the messy bed and realized he hadn’t seen Owen sleeping.

            “Owen you get up too,” Noah commanded and Aiden stared at him in surprise. Noah shrugged.

            “If Declan can get him out of bed, so can I.”

            “That’s cause Declan scares me,” Owen replied and Noah snorted.

            “He’s the youngest. You’re the oldest.”

            “Whatever,” Owen mumbled and Noah’s face brightened.

            “I’ll sing to you,” Noah said and Owen sat up in bed.

            “You’ll do no such thing. No singing in this room!” Owen exclaimed as Mason came in dressed but drying his hair with a towel.

            “You took a shower instead of making me food?” Noah asked.

            “Noah you just ate breakfast like half an hour ago. I made it remember,” Mason replied and Aiden glared at Noah.

            “So you woke me up for nothing?”

            “I didn’t wake you up for nothing. I woke you up for something.”

            “That doesn’t even make sense!” Owen spat out.

            “I wasn’t talking to you!” Noah exclaimed and Mason shook his head getting water on all of them.

            “Where’s Declan?” Aiden asked ignoring Noah and Owen’s bickering.

            “He was eating cereal before I went to take a shower,” Mason replied. Aiden nodded and glared at Noah again who looked sheepishly at him.

            “I’m going to go get ready,” Aiden mumbled.

            “Don’t take forever diva!” Noah exclaimed and Aiden grabbed the pillow from Mason’s bed and threw it at him.