Chapter Two: Noah

Chapter Two: Noah

            “Don’t worry about it,” Noah answered and looked out the window again. His brother. He had almost blurted out about his brother. He thought back to a week before when they had abruptly moved into this town.

            “This is a fresh start for us Noah,” His mother had explained.

            “A clean slate,” His father agreed.

            “We were lenient with you before, but no more. I won’t have any of your crap. And one of the first rules that you will follow, is to not reveal to anyone that you have a brother. Because then they’ll start asking questions as to why your brother doesn’t go to school with you, and what the hell is wrong with him they’ll demand. They’ll ask if he’s retarded--,”

            “He’s not retarded!” Noah had exclaimed angrily.

            He sighed as he remembered the sour taste of that night.

            “Go left,” he told Aiden and they kept driving in silence. Eventually they turned into a neighborhood that seemed to make Aiden’s eyes widen and then Noah felt the embarrassment creeping up. Noah gulped because he knew all these houses were big and grand, but unfortunately the biggest and the grandest belonged to his family. “Turn right,” he whispered as they turned right and Aiden laughed.

            “Would you look at that mansion at the end of the street? Ha! I bet the biggest douchebags in town live there,” Aiden said and nudged Noah as he laughed. Noah laughed nervously.

            “That’s my house at the end,” He mumbled.

            “Oh shit,” Aiden answered. “Crap. I’m sorry, I don’t mean it.”

            “Don’t worry about it. It’s my parent’s place. And they’re kind of douchebags so it’s fine.”

            “Wow, you don’t like your parents do you?” Aiden asked.

            “More like they don’t like me,” Noah whispered as they pulled up. “Thanks for the ride,” Noah said and Aiden smiled politely.

            “No worries. Err, sorry about today.”

            “It’s fine,” Noah answered.

            “No it’s not, look kid if you need a ride to school tomorrow I’m more than happy to give you one.”

            “My name is Noah. And okay I’ll take you up on your offer.”

            “Sounds bueno bro. I’ll be here at 7,” Aiden said.

            “Noah!” a voice screamed as the door to his house flung open and out came an angry looking woman. She wore scrubs and Aiden raised an eyebrow. Her blonde hair was up in a bun.

            “Well hello there mother,” Noah said and bowed slightly. Aiden smirked.

            “Get inside now,” his mother threatened and Noah sighed.

            “Thanks man, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Noah said and Aiden nodded.

            “Uh, no you won’t! No son of mine will be making friends with some criminal! How do you manage to screw things up in one day!? I didn’t even expect you to make friends for at least a month and you go and make friends with trash!?” his mother barked.