On Hiatus

So it comes to this. For the past month OFA has been on an unofficial hiatus. Long story short I've had many things happening including a nasty case of writer's block. And now I'm officially calling it a hiatus. I don't know when I'll be updating next and I apologize for that. Really I do. I haven't written in a while and so Chapter 25 isn't even halfway done. It sucks because I'd honestly wanted to be done with Part Two by the end of this year. And that doesn't seem like it'll happen. So I'm not sure when I'll upload new chapters but hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later. 

I have like three weeks left of school so fingers crossed that I'll have more time to write. What I can promise is that the next time I upload it'll be special.

I appreciate each and every single one of you. 

So to apologize I thought I'd share a scene I've been working on for Chapter 25. 

Owen stared at the computer screen; Madison’s face was smiling back at him. Seeing her smile he couldn’t help but smile back. He thought of all the times they’d made each other laugh and he felt his heart rate quicken. He pressed play and immediately Madison’s laughter filled the room. The sound hit him harder than he ever thought possible because he hadn’t heard it in so long. For the first time in his life Mads wasn’t a part of his life. This was the longest he had ever been without her and the longest he had gone without talking to her. The feeling he felt in the pit of his stomach was nauseating. At one point in his life he had thought that they’d always together. It came to the point where whenever he thought of the future he could picture Madison, him and their spouses living in a house together. Was it ridiculous? Of course but that was what happened when they were constantly together and promised that they would always be there for each other. 

He listened to their voices harmonizing and thought of the amount of hours that they had spent perfecting the act of harmonizing specifically with each other. It was like the two final pieces of an incredibly hard jigsaw puzzle that were at last put together creating that blissful image of a completed puzzle.

Owen clicked on the next video and waited for it to load. When it did not load he refreshed the page. Still nothing. The natural high he had felt moments ago at the sound of her voice was quickly fading. He went back to the previous video and was again left with a screen that indicated that the video was no longer available. He clicked on their page with their videos of all the songs they had uploaded, of all the funny videos they had taken together. He clicked on every single one of them and they were all soon disappearing. With desperation he continued knowing full well that wherever Madison was she was deleting the videos. With each video that was deleted and taken off of Youtube his heart sank and the void in him grew.

He clicked on their very first music video they had done; Yellow by Coldplay. It was the only video left. He was still able to see it and through blurry eyes he seized the chance and wondered if she was watching it as well.

“Look at the stars, look how they shine for you…and everything you do,” he heard his own voice sing to Madison and he knew that even then when he was blind to his love for her he had loved her with all his heart. She wasn’t just his best friend, she was the girl of his dreams.

“Please don’t do this,” he begged Madison through the screen and remembered her leaving the competition. The wound in him was ripped open again as the screen indicated that the video was no longer available. She was deleting their story and he had no idea why. The tears hit his keyboard and he wanted nothing more than to throw the laptop across the room. He stared down at his laptop and thought of Madison and her last words to him. Not even a proper goodbye was given. “Your laptop is on your bed” had been her actual last words to him. He bit his lip to avoid thinking about the pain in his heart. He was about to close his laptop when he considered the possibility. He hadn’t given it a thought but after everything they’d been through Mads’ last words had been about his laptop. It must have for a reason. Everything was for a reason when it came to Madison. With a newfound hope he looked through his files and noticed that the most recent file made was a video. A video from Madison. His heart skipped a beat and he gulped as he pressed play and Madison came into view.

So there you have it. This particular scene will happen in Chapter 25 and it's safe to say that you'll be getting some long awaited answers.  

Thank you.