Chapter 8 1/2.... Flashback

This is short , like really short, but I wanted to give you a look into why Arc disappeared all those years ago.. hope you like it..

........Enjoy........

He was watching her through the portal entrance. Just one step and he can hold her again, feel her in his arms once more. Oh how he missed the tenderness of her touch, the softness of her skin.

.....FLASHBACK....

"I'm pregnant. " she said

"Oh Angel that is wonderful." Arc said, " I'm going to be a father. " He picked her up and spun her around with her safe in his arm. He stopped when he saw the look in her eyes. "What is it darling?"

"Arc, I'm scared. What will they say? Will they accept us and our baby? What will they do with our baby? Arc, Oh God Arc, I am so scared. " she was crying now.

He just held her, rubbing circles on her back. He knew she was right, they would never approve of them. He is a warlock and she is an angel. He was suppose to be evil and she was, well, an angel. He changed for her, he had to, she brought the good out in him. He love her, his angel, and always will no matter what.

He spent the rest of that day holding her, consoling her, just loving her. He even made love to her that night. While they were laying there they talked about the baby and their future. They prayed together, begging for acceptance of their child, prayed for acceptance for them.

After she fell asleep, he laid there watching her. He ran his fingers across her cheek and into her hair. He leaned over and kissed her softly. He was the happiest man alive right now. Here in his arms lay the love of his life and his child.

"Archainious" his name was whispered in the air. He looked around, then sighed.

"Father." he said back

"Come, we need to talk." the voice demanded.

It was all happening too fast and panic started to build in his chest. He tried to throw out a blocking spell but his father knew him to well. The portal was opened and his father yanked him through.

"Father please, don't do this." He begged struggling against the power that held him. "I love her! She is with my child!" he yelled at him trying to convince him not to take him away.

"DO WHAT?" His father said, disgust in his words and on his face. " NO!!! NO SON OF MINE WILL LOVE SUCH A THING!! SHE WILL HAVE A BASTARD CHILD!!"

"Father please understand. I love her, it doesn't matter who she is. Please, please, please, sir. What will happen to her and my baby? Please father I cant live with out her. Don't take her and my baby from me please father, please." He was on his knees crying, begging, and pleading with his father for acceptance; none was given. No answers were given. His father looked down on him with such hate and disgust in his eyes.

"No, and from this day forth you will no longer be able to open this portal. You will no longer see that filth. You are my son, it is time you start acting like it." He said waving his hand and the portal began to close.

"NNOOOO!!!" he screamed trying to lunge into it before it closed all the way. His father grabbed him before he could get to it. "Angel, I love you." he said just as it closed tight. He was dropped to the floor, and he sat there on his knees and cried. For days, then months all he did was cry, and pray, and cry, and pray. Then one day..

" Pstt" Someone from the shadows whispered. " Don't say nothing just nod if you can hear me." Arc nodded.

"Good. I've got news of Anyla." At the name of his angel, he was to his feet in no time, searching for the voice. "I am not really here evil do'er, I am only a messenger. Anyla is safe, your son was born and kept on earth. He is safe and healthy. She went back to the Heavens where she belongs. The boy was not allowed, because your evil blood runs through his veins."

"Son, I have a son." he said a little to loud.

"Shhh fool. shut up an listen. There is a way to get back to him, but your not going to like it." The voice said.

"Tell me, please" he begged, happiness swelling in his chest.

"You must kill your Father and take his power." He was right, Arc did not like the idea. His father was the most powerful being ever, and he was also the most evil.

"I cant do that, he is my father." Hope sinking once again.

"There will come a time when you will have to, but you must be the one to kill him to gain his power. Don't let it pass you by, your son will need you. This must be done by his 18th birthday or your son shall die shortly after. His power will be sought out and killed for." The voice said. Arc nods his head in understanding and knew what he had to do. He must begin his training.

"Voice, one more thing before you go. What is his name?" He asked

"Lynnard." The name faded off with the voice.

........End of flashback........

Now that his father is dead and he is now the Elder, he can be with her, forever. If she still wants him. He stepped through, and she looked up.

"Arc?"

"Angel." he nodded, she was running at him with tears running down her face. He took off and met her half way. When they reached each other he scooped her in his arms and kissed her. The kiss was hard but passionate, sweet but wild. They broke apart gasping for air.

"I'm so sorry my angel." He said. Anyla was crying hard into his chest while he held her.